586,103 active members*
3,446 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Fanuc 18I with error 410, 411, 438

Fanuc 18I with error 410, 411, 438

Hi
    We have Mori mill with Fanuc 18i controller. We're getting error 410, 411 and 438 for axis A and axis B. Is there any parameter that i can change to correct for error 410 and 411?
    Thanks

Alarm Codes

Teal,

For what it worth here is a copy from the Fanuc manual Series18i. Hople this Helps you out.

410 SERVO ALARM: n–TH AXIS – EXCESS
    ERROR
    One of the following errors occurred:
    1) The positional deviation value when the n–th axis stops exceeds the
    value set in parameter No. 1829.
    2) In simple synchronous control, the compensation amount for synchronization
    exceeds the value set in parameter No. 8325.
    This alarm is issued only for the slave axis.

411 SERVO ALARM: n–TH AXIS – EXCESS
    ERROR
    The position deviation value when the n–th axis (axis 1–8) moves is
    larger than the set value.
    Refer to procedure of trouble shooting

438 n AXIS : INV. ABNORMAL CURRENT
    1) SVM: The motor current is too high.
    2) α series SVU: The motor current is too high.
    3) β series SVU: The motor current is too high.

I have a Fadal with the 18i. I had the same errors 410-411, it turned out to be a bad scale on my X. (I have scales and encoders) don't know if that matters.

Smile

Hello, is this error come out after CNC turn on or when moving?
    if this error come out just after ON, suspect the problem from your ServoAmp
    (assume A-axis and B-axis in one servoAmp). If One by One, try to swap against another good-axis ServoAmp.
    if not may be you could adjust the par 1829 to higher but not high, do graduall till the error not appear anymore.

maybe this link could be useful http://cncfanuc.blogspot.com

If the machine was working correctly before then there is no point in adjusting the servo error limits for stanstill and movement.
    You need to find the cause first.
    Some Mori machines use the A and B axes synchronously to drive the column up and down.
    What are the symptoms and describe the A and B axes? (Dividing head with two rotating planes or two motors connected synchronously for a linear axis?)

Quote Originally Posted by hrh View Post
    If the machine was working correctly before then there is no point in adjusting the servo error limits for stanstill and movement.
    You need to find the cause first.
    Some Mori machines use the A and B axes synchronously to drive the column up and down.
    What are the symptoms and describe the A and B axes? (Dividing head with two rotating planes or two motors connected synchronously for a linear axis?)
    A and B axes are for rotaty and tilt table made by Nikkin. There's no symtoms, the indexer/rotary unit ran fine for a hour or some times the whole shift. Then stopped and came up with 411. We had to turn off the power and restart it. We have 10 Mori with Nikken indexer/rotary tables. None of the have that problem except of that perticular one. We swapped the Nikken unit, cables, board and rand fine for about 3 months and comes back. It's an ongoing problem.

Axis alarm

You need WAY more details if you really want help on this forum. Model of machine, type of drive unit, does the Nikken have scales ? How/when does it fail? During start of move? During move? Resting? Etc..

keep it simple.. does the 438 come up on power up? does the amp get a 8 or 9 on display?

its probably gonna be a bad amp.. meg motors..

is this an axis with a dual ball screw.. if it is you probably need to have it realigned...

Need some help.

Fadal 3016FX VMC. Fanuc 0i control.

Just had an alarm come up:

438 X AXIS: INV. ABNORMAL CURRENT

What's the problem?

I'm in Thailand, and have received quotes for between $1000~$2000 to solve it, but that's before anyone has been to see what's going on.

Any advice?

Quote Originally Posted by mattpatt View Post
    Need some help.

Fadal 3016FX VMC. Fanuc 0i control.

Just had an alarm come up:

438 X AXIS: INV. ABNORMAL CURRENT

What's the problem?

I'm in Thailand, and have received quotes for between $1000~$2000 to solve it, but that's before anyone has been to see what's going on.

Any advice?
    probably a bad servo drive.. check x axis servo motor and cables for short.. you need to see 100 mega ohms to ground on all 3 legs.. if you do then drive is bad. .if you see a short you need to check motor and cables..

Thanks for your reply.

I'm a real novice at this and don't know where or what to check.

As I said, a couple of service companies have mentioned figures starting at $1000 to fix it. Does this sound right?

Re: Fanuc 18I with error 410, 411, 438

I don't now what you can change but I now what you can check, check encoder or scale check cables and the mechanical side. After that if you can change amplifier and or amplifier control card.
    I have got a 410 and sometimes a 411 servo alarm and I got fanuc to come check they cannot find the fault so now I am asking anyone to please help me.

Most of excess error alarms (410 411) are electro-mechanical in nature.

On a rotary axis, the internal brake mechanism is worn or binding. In some cases the pneumatic valve for releasing the brake needs attention.

If the problem is on the Z axis of a vertical machining center, then ninety percent of the time the Z-axis brake fails to release

Quote Originally Posted by hrh View Post
    Most of excess error alarms (410 411) are electro-mechanical in nature.

On a rotary axis, the internal brake mechanism is worn or binding. In some cases the pneumatic valve for releasing the brake needs attention.

If the problem is on the Z axis of a vertical machining center, then ninety percent of the time the Z-axis brake fails to release
    Hi problem is when I put the power off at the mains and let it stand a little while and put it back on it works fine for about 30 min and then starts coming up with 410/411 servo alarm.