586,900 active members*
2,709 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Syil Products > SyiL X6 Standard CNC Release.a linner motion cnc machine.High procision.1200Lbs,Affor
    Certainly a big lump. Shame the spindle is still limited to 3500RPM.

Have you got a typo in your post with the Z at 240MM travel or is the website incorrect listing 320MM?

I wonder why the US or UK dealers have not caught on to the idea of writing the press releases for the factory?

Quote Originally Posted by iGG1e View Post
    Certainly a big lump. Shame the spindle is still limited to 3500RPM.

Have you got a typo in your post with the Z at 240MM travel or is the website incorrect listing 320MM?
    Definitly please before the dealer start receiving them make a last minute change to at least 5000 or 6000 rpm you will definitly make this machine better just by that, but so far nice package.
    Aside from the casting are there other similarity to the smithy 1240
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own. -Les opinions exprimé dans ce messages sont les mienne

I would like to know:

1) SK30 is exactly the same as ISO30?

2) What stepper motors the machine use? Nema34? A datasheet that includes power and torque curve would be great.

3) A video of the machine in operation doing some cutting appropiate for a 600KG (1200lb) machine.

Thanks!

Pablo

i have been sent video to you yesterday by emails,later will have clearly video download in web.
    Direction,Commitment,Follow through

Question Direct question.

Why is the spindle only limited to 3500 rpm?

The cost between 3500 and 7000 can't be that big and based on the size of the machine and the quality of cutting tools that are availabe today, it is way to slow at 3500rpm for the "average user who will cut a lot more aluminum than anything else.

If the spindle bearings will handle more rpm, then advertise how fast they will go and then tell people how to do it or offer the machine in a higher speed version. Most of us are not asking for 20k rpm, but somewhere in the range of 10k would be real nice.

I know machines are built to a price point, but at some time they have to be built for what they are supposed to do.

Mike
    Warning: DIY CNC may cause extreme hair loss due to you pulling your hair out.

to increase the spindle speed not a difficult matters.yes cost will a little high,but main reason for a big different with X7 or later products.
    but we will seriously consider your advise,maybe update it for X6 plus.
    thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by syil View Post
    i have been sent video to you yesterday by emails,later will have clearly video download in web.
    The video I received is not what I asked, its just a quick glance at a X6, here I uploaded it to Google: [ame="http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3032080443121569059"]x6-VIDEO_036.mp4[/ame]

I still don't have answers for my last 3 questions:

1) SK30 is exactly the same as ISO30?

2) What stepper motors the machine use? Nema34? A datasheet that includes power and torque curve would be great.

3) A video of the machine in operation doing some cutting appropiate for a 600KG (1200lb) machine.

Thanks Xushuo!

Quote Originally Posted by syil View Post
    to increase the spindle speed not a difficult matters.yes cost will a little high,but main reason for a big different with X7 or later products.
    but we will seriously consider your advise,maybe update it for X6 plus.
    thank you very much.
    i really don't agree with you there, why make 20 different product and have 20 time more chance of having product troubleshooting to do,... here is what i would do if i would be you.

x2 -Keeper, there will always be a market for those and the perform pretty good considering the size.

x4/x4+ -I am the owner of an x4+ and if i would be you id scrap the x4+ and keep the x4, simply sell the x4 with a mpg the relays directly to mach3, honestly scrap that ''almost'' useless front panel, its just one thing less to worry about breaking for the user and one thing less for you to worry about supporting and replacing, unless you are able to make it work with mach3 the the front panel as its point. And yes the x4 should come with a 5000rpm motor.

x6 -Make 1 of them, not 2, not 3, 1 there is no need to make more then one model, remember the adage in machining, K.I.S.S., Keep It Simple Stupid, not you but anybody who works in the metalworking community, or view it as why make it complicated, when you can make it simple. and this machine should definitely come stock with a 6000rpm motor.

x7 -why x7 make it the x8 its sounds better, you know x2, x4, x6, x8, etc, etc... all in pair as for the spec of the machine i was asked to keep quiet until the final spec are out.

but basically it should be

x2 - ~200pounds - 1/2hp motor min. - 100-4000 rpm
    x4 - ~500pounds - 1hp motor min. - 100-5000 rpm
    x6 - ~1000pounds - 2hp motor min. - 100-6000rpm
    x7(8) - ~3000pounds - 3hp motor min. - 100-6000/8000rpm

all of the series should be in one model and have direct interface with mach3
    and no front panel, basically less electronic component in the same place as the coolant and moisture sounds like a good idea, or make it remote.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own. -Les opinions exprimé dans ce messages sont les mienne

Well put, but what about my SX3? I like/need a rotating head AND a quill/readout.
    They make the little machine very versatile. Couldn't do CNC T&C without them.
    3600 RPM sucks, but a cooling fan should do that. 3600 RPM = 1800 displayed. Why?
    Super X3. 3600rpm. Sheridan 6"x24" Lathe + more. Three ways to fix things: The right way, the other way, and maybe your way, which is possibly a faster wrong way.

Quote Originally Posted by neilw20 View Post
    Well put, but what about my SX3? I like/need a rotating head AND a quill/readout.
    They make the little machine very versatile. Couldn't do CNC T&C without them.
    3600 RPM sucks, but a cooling fan should do that. 3600 RPM = 1800 displayed. Why?
    yes well they could always bring back the swivel head in the sx4/2 (just a name i made up basically) the only difference would be the z saddle so that you can rotate the sx4 head on it.
    and i totally agree 3600 was a great move made by syil when they upgraded there speed controller but those small machine would definitely benefit from a motor doing 0 to 5000 or 0 to 6000, hell get rid of the speed master and x4+, less problem to worry about make all syil x4 capable of doing 100-10000 with remote mpg that interact with mach3 and that is fitted with a nice blue lcd panel. just think of what henry ford said about the model t ''people can have it in any color as long as its black''

Pricing and availability on this one?(X6) Also who's supplying the SK30 tooling? Thought that was a dead standard popular with the DynaMite machines.

FT

Edit: Also am I to understand linear bearings on the axis' of the X6 instead of dovetail. That would be neat!! Toolchanger option? How about toolchanger Macro?

These sure are nice machines.

I wish syil was available much earlier when i had a need and interest for cncing you just popped when i gave up and started in investing in manual european machines though i might add a toy in the future.

just lmao about some of the typo's :

Working DEMENTION:
    295mm*800mm
    Finally CHIPS you can have as much as you can without the doc. complainting about your cholesterol.

Quote Originally Posted by FT_factorytuned View Post
    Pricing and availability on this one?(X6) Also who's supplying the SK30 tooling? Thought that was a dead standard popular with the DynaMite machines.

FT

Edit: Also am I to understand linear bearings on the axis' of the X6 instead of dovetail. That would be neat!! Toolchanger option? How about toolchanger Macro?

this spindle it is BT30.with ATC.

Quote Originally Posted by ironDigit View Post
    These sure are nice machines.

I wish syil was available much earlier when i had a need and interest for cncing you just popped when i gave up and started in investing in manual european machines though i might add a toy in the future.

just lmao about some of the typo's :

Working DEMENTION:
    295mm*800mm
    just wait for us present....this is really good machine.hehe