586,075 active members*
3,654 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Shopmaster/Shoptask > "New" Patriot Tri-Power is here!
Page 3 of 5 12345

Thanks Fast

Thanks for your reply Fast01. Have you been reasonably satisfied with your machine so far? What kind of accuracy have you been able to hold with your lathe turning?

I ordered a few weeks ago after considering other options. The used American machines that I looked into were worn out. It seems most all new machines, at least the reasonably priced separates are all made in China with the same or perhaps worse quality control issues as Shoptask. The other 3 in 1 machines are not as well designed in terms of the milling machine as the Shoptask.

One of the posters here has had a casting problem. Most major castings are considered no wear items, so the vendor generally orders few if any spares. I imagine once they are gone, the customer gets repaired replacement units. I can understand why he would be and should be extremely upset. I hope that he was able to rectify the issue. The new Jet lathes which I have used had to be disassembled, cleaned, and tuned up before they would achieve any degree of accuracy. That seems to be a common issue with Chinese manufactured lathes. Once that was done, the accuracy was on par with the old South Bends.

If I'm not satisfied, I will load it up, hitch up the travel trailer, and head out west to do some pheasant and quail hunting. Then visit JT and get a refund. It's not but 5000 miles round trip and I have the time.

Roadster,
    I read those same posts before ordering my machine. When I picked the unit up in Las Vegas I got the whole story from JT. He also showed me the spare parts inventory, so I don't think you need to worry.
    Here is a link to my post
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73497

Roadster,

Glad I could help! As far as accuracy, I couldn't tell you. I actually haven't been able to get set up yet. I was seriously injured last August (shattered femur, broken feet, broken ankles, good stuff!) and was supposed to be up and about long before now, but the hardware in my leg became infected and failed last December (shortly after delivery). This of course, took a whole bunch of other stuff with it when it went and required another reconstructive surgery on my leg (stainless plates and 7 pins). So, I've got at least another 2months of being couch bound as per the surgeon as of yesterday. In the mean time, the crate's collecting garage dust. At least I was able to pull the sides off and touch my machine. Too bad I couldn't have machined the parts for my leg myself, that would be some post! Lol!

Unhappy

Fast01,

Sounds like a really bad motorcycle accident.

Hope you are up and about soon.

Jeff...
    Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

Jeff,

Yeah, it sucked! Knucklehead 18 year old in a BMW trying to see how fast he could take a curve. He lost it and unfortunately, I saw the whole thing coming, but had no where to go. I appreciate the well wishes!

Ron

jsmithwe did jt ever send your lead screws?

Quote Originally Posted by norvil1 View Post
    No he never did. He said that he does not have any that have ends on them. Will you take $200 for yours so I can use this machine? I agree that JT is not very helpful.

alrite i dont have any use for them. tomorrow i will try to find a box big enough to ship then in.will get with you on cost to ship.

Quote Originally Posted by norvil1 View Post
    alrite i dont have any use for them. tomorrow i will try to find a box big enough to ship then in.will get with you on cost to ship.
    Thanks, just let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by jsmithwe View Post
    No he never did, because I was hoping to get the originals from you. Will you take $200 for yours so I can use this machine? I agree that JT is very helpful.
    Weird- why would a guy strip all that stuff off the machine if he had no use for it? Then he makes you wait for a year before deciding to give it up.

HUH!

Hi,
    I've been a lurker on this forum for some time now. I probably should keep quite but something is wrong here.

Here is the original quote by jsmithwe:

Originally Posted by norvill1

"No he never did. He said that he does not have any that have ends on them. Will you take $200 for yours so I can use this machine? I agree that JT is not very helpful."

Here is the edited quote by a CNCZONE Member:

Originally Posted by jsmithwe
    No he never did, because I was hoping to get the originals from you. Will you take $200 for yours so I can use this machine? I agree that JT is very helpful."

Question:
    Why would a CNCZONE Member edit another members quote?
    Answer:
    Because the poster is probably a company plant. I think this has been going on for some time now. I noticed the same type of responses on other forums I visit also. Company operatives disguised as a guy down the street with a machine in his garage or a customer waiting for his machine to arrive. If the posts are not whitewashed to their satisfaction then they try to destroy the forum, and they have done a good job of that so far.

Talk about unscrupulous advertising and business practice.

This would be a great forum without this type of conduct, so let's get on with the forum as it was intended without the deceit.

Flathead

PS not sure how it happened but is there any way to delete my duplicate posts, sorry about that.

An unfortunate reality

Some guys have had a bad experience with their machines. They have legitimate complaints, but things seem to get carried away here. The option is to utilize the warranty and move on. Check enough boards and you'll find people have problems with all machine manufacturers.

This is a good site for sharing information. Some of the guys on here have done good creative work with their shoptask. Some of the guys enjoy the machine as a project in itself with up grades and modifications to improve performance.

If I can just hang on for another 300 years and finish my planned and started projects, I might jump right in and upgrade my machine.

Quote Originally Posted by flatheadford49 View Post
    Hi,
    I've been a lurker on this forum for some time now. I probably should keep quite but something is wrong here.

"No he never did. He said that he does not have any that have ends on them. Will you take $200 for yours so I can use this machine? I agree that JT is not very helpful."

Here is the edited quote by a CNCZONE Member:

Originally Posted by jsmithwe
    No he never did, because I was hoping to get the originals from you. Will you take $200 for yours so I can use this machine? I agree that JT is very helpful."

Question:
    Answer:
    Because the poster is probably a company plant. I think this has been going on for some time now. I noticed the same type of responses on other forums I visit also. Company operatives disguised as a guy down the street with a machine in his garage or a customer waiting for his machine to arrive. If the posts are not whitewashed to their satisfaction then they try to destroy the forum, and they have done a good job of that so far.

Talk about unscrupulous advertising and business practice.

This would be a great forum without this type of conduct, so let's get on with the forum as it was intended without the deceit.

Flathead

PS not sure how it happened but is there any way to delete my duplicate posts, sorry about that.

I am jsmithwe, not affiliated with any company and the original post quoted above was posted by me. I have no idea who edited my original post, but it had to be someone with the power to edit another users post. I am still waiting for norvil1 to let me know about getting the ball screws so I can use my machine.

sorry about the delay, i was out late last nite at a poker game. the shipping tube will be 3.54 and the post office said it would be about 15 postage, all total about 18 dollars will cover it. we will get together Monday

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by flatheadford49 View Post
    Hi,

jsmithwe did jt ever send your lead screws? Did you order and pay for them?

No he never did, because I was hoping to get the originals from you. Will you take $200 for yours so I can use this machine? I agree that JT is very helpful." Considering I did not buy the machine from him, but got it free from you.

Question:
    Answer:
    Because the poster is probably a company plant. Or he just wants to set the record straight. Flathead

Company plants on the internet!!!! How shocking! Next you are going to tell us that TV preachers meet hookers in motels or conservative politicians cruise airport toilets for gay sex or there are crooked investors on wall street.

Part of the problem on this forum is the way its designed- if you want to answer a post line by line by inserting text in between the original poster's sentences, it comes out in the same format. ( see the above examples) I brought this to the attention of the moderator some time ago, but there has been no change. As far as the plants go, you are going to find them everywhere- some touting a product for the company and others tearing it down for a competitor. Most reasonable people toss out the ones that are way beyond belief on either side and read the ones who have something constructive to say.

Scroll back to original post

If you want to see what was really said just scroll back to the bonafide original (un-quoted) post. I don't think anyone can edit the bonafide original post unless they are a moderator. I am not on here to play but just trying to communicate.

OK, let's try this again,

here is jsmithwe original post:

Originally Posted by norvil1

No he never did. He said that he does not have any that have ends on them. Will you take $200 for yours so I can use this machine? I agree that JT is not very helpful.

This is post #47.

You people can change words around all you want to try and confuse people but like jsmith says, you can't change the original post #47

There is nothing wrong with this forum, CNCZONE is the best.
    We are not talking about politicians,preachers or investers.
    I'm talking about people trying to ruin this forum.

So go ahead and change the words and meaning of post # 47 all you want.

This will be my last post here.

I just bought a cnc knee mill with an older controller and will be starting a retrofit to pc and mach 3. So I have a lot of reading to do on the CNCZONE,
    and I don't think I will find the dishonesty that is apparent in this particular forum on other parts of the ZONE.

Good Luck
    Flathead

Quote Originally Posted by jsmithwe View Post
    If you want to see what was really said just scroll back to the bonafide original (un-quoted) post. I don't think anyone can edit the bonafide original post unless they are a moderator. I am not on here to play but just trying to communicate.
    That's why the moderators should change the site so that any inserted text would come up as a different font. I have seen the same thing in a number of other machine forums. People who come on these sites usually read the last post first looking for pertinent information- if the subject matter becomes too long or confusing or drifts off into other subjects, then they usually click to another thread. In anthropology its known as the " stairstep" effect. Around the turn of the 19th-20th century when moving pictures were new, some anthropologists decided to film a man walking up stairs to examine how his muscles worked etc. While studying the films, one fellow noticed that as he walked, the man's feet would consistently clear the stair by a very small margin. This fellow devised another experiment in which the man would walk up stairs of varying size risers and treads. What he saw was that the man automatically adjusted his stride to always clear the stair by the same amount. He then extrapolated this information into the " stairstep" theory of human endeavor. Essentially its states that humans will adjust their efforts the minimum amount to meet the challenge in front of them.
    Based on this theory, the next new viewer on this thread will most likely say " What's all this anthropology BS ?" and simply click to another thread.

I always read a thread by starting with post #1
    Guess I'm different than most people, can't imagine starting with the last post, since most threads go off topic in a short time.
    For instance the topic of this thread was a new 3in1 and the last poster was talking about anthropology.
    Anyway I've been wasting too much time sitting here in front of this computer.
    I need to get out in the shop and start work on the cnc knee mill.

Good Luck 3in1 Guys
    Flathead

Page 3 of 5 12345