586,100 active members*
2,581 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Syil Products > NEW SYIL C6 AND X4PLUS, NEED HELP PLS.
Page 1 of 2 12

NEW SYIL C6 AND X4PLUS, NEED HELP PLS.

Hello everybody. I'm a newbie here and this is my first post.

We recently purchased a C6 and an X4 plus from syil china, and yes you guessed it right, im here to seek some help from you guys. i have already got movement on our x4+ through mach3 but not on our c6, i think it s the mach3turn profile setup. syil china do not have any manual with the c6 and x4+ parameters doesnt work.

BTW, thanks to the guy who uploaded mach3 mill xml profile. it worked with our x4+...i just ticked some other parameters on pins and config.

anybody got any working XML profile on mach3turn for syil c6???

THANKS in advance.

Smile Try this.

The ports and pins for the C6 are similar (if I remember, but don't quote me) to X4+, so try the same profile on the C6 as a starting point. Make sure you you use a renamed copy and call it C6TURN instead of X4MILL if you are using the same PC.
    Beware that the charge pump might be stopping it working.
    There is a jumper on the BOB near the center close to the limit switch terminals. Moving this to the other position might get things going, by disabling the charge pump, but you should eventually make it work with the charge pump operational. Look at the pinout documentation that came with the machine. Syil sell the machine. Not Mach3. That's your part.

Neil, that's part of the problem. There is NO, NONE, NADA, ZILCH, I think you got the message, documentation for the CNC part of the C6. No schematics, pinout info, nothing on the control cabinet, drivers, etc. I just recieved my C6 and have not taken the cover off the control box yet but I was not even aware that there was BOB (break out boards??) or a charge pump inside. There are probably many other cool to know things there that I know nothing about.
    Just a little frustrated by the lack of documention.
    Len.

that is so true Len. to think that Syil china awarded us to be the authorized dealer of syil machines here in the philippines.....so sad. NO technical support, docs, nothing.

thanks Neil for the tip. Ill try it later, also for the x4+ profile. I think its your mach3 mill profile that i have used to make our mill work. :wave:

Question SX3 and X4+ different.

Most of the settings in config are the same with THE EXCEPTION
    of allocated pins.
    X4+ and C6 pin allocations are similar.
    Where did you get your X4+ config file from?
    Super X3. 3600rpm. Sheridan 6"x24" Lathe + more. Three ways to fix things: The right way, the other way, and maybe your way, which is possibly a faster wrong way.

Try this profile. It works on my C6B.
    Attached Files Attached Files

thanks john t h. ill try this C6 profile now.....

i think i got my x4_+ profile from you neil from your post few months ago...thank u.

You can start making chips now !

:wave::cheers:

Here is the profile for the Syil C6, rename it to mach3turn.xml and you should be running

Pablo
    Attached Files Attached Files

TOO BAD JOHN TH 'S profile didnt work out for our c6B....

still trying to figure out something

Sir PEU, your profile also didnt workout(screen looks like mach3mill). Am i doing something wrong?

Tried all combinations on the switch on c6 lathe. nothing worked, except when spindle is on manual. There's no spindle and flood control sockets. x, z and spindle "encoder" wires all cramped into one socket.

Is it possible syil china used different ports?

thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by gio1976 View Post
    Sir PEU, your profile also didnt workout(screen looks like mach3mill). Am i doing something wrong?

Tried all combinations on the switch on c6 lathe. nothing worked, except when spindle is on manual. There's no spindle and flood control sockets. x, z and spindle "encoder" wires all cramped into one socket.

thanks.
    The XML has nothing to do with the screen, are you sure you are launching mach3turn?
    After you launch the XML I sent you, go to screens and load the default Lathe screenset, this should do the trick
    To launch a specific XML go to mach3 folder and execute the mach3 file, it will give you a list of all the XMLs you have in that folder.

Good luck!

Pablo

Question

Quote Originally Posted by gio1976 View Post

thanks.
    ANYTHING is possible.
    Syil have not been consistent (due I think that are not skilled in specifying to East Crystal what they NEED) with the pin allocation. Take some pictures of your BOB. Thats the PCB that connects to the PCB cable.

here is the photo of our control box. not sure where is the BOB.

s1,s2, and s3 are lit up even limit switches are not triggered.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CIMG8782.JPG   CIMG8783.JPG   CIMG8784.JPG   CIMG8785.JPG  

CIMG8786.JPG   CIMG8787.JPG  

Sorry but I can't help here, my C6 box is different on the outside and the lathe does not have a variable speed knob, slightly different beast

Does the chuck spin?

waaaaaahhhhh!!!!! (

spindle spins only on manual....thats when power switch pointed to the left, and direction pointed to the right/forward.

no x z motor movement even on JOG.

SIGH!!

5 axis BOB

I see you have the 5 axis BOB.
    Down near the limit switch connector is a LED.
    I believe this is the charge pump LED. It must be on for the axis to move.
    There is a jumper near it.
    The pin configurations for the X and Z axis will be the same as the X4+.
    Charge pump should be the same also (hopefully !)
    If you move an axis to a limit, does the limit switch light go out?
    Super X3. 3600rpm. Sheridan 6"x24" Lathe + more. Three ways to fix things: The right way, the other way, and maybe your way, which is possibly a faster wrong way.

SIR NEIL I CANT EVEN JOG THE AXES. BUT IF I TRIP THE LIMIT SWITCH MANUALLY THE S1 AND S3 LEDS GO OUT.

can you reset Mach3 (green reset button) or it gives you an error?
    Do you have the charge pump output pin enabled? what pin# ?

It looks exactly the same as mine and I had the exact same problem. The problem was the charge pump in Mach 3 wasn't configured.

Page 1 of 2 12