586,111 active members*
3,724 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Syil Products > X4+ given up after just a few months

Hybrid View

X4+ given up after just a few months

Hi guys, just checking with you experts.....
    I got a X4+ from Australia ( Frans) that just refused to work this morning.
    It had been perfect b4, as i wanted to start up this morning, the machine is switching on just fine ( Display works and shows manual mode).

But, pretty much each and every button refuses to work except for the e-stop ( you can hear a relay switching). I opened the control-box and found the following...some connections were a bit loose....fuses were all good....all lights on the boards green, except the ones on the stepper drivers which show constant red. I also noticed an high frequency hissing sound coming from the mainboard once the e-stop button is released.
    Spindle, Manual mode, manual axis movement all a no-go. Mpg and parallel port not connected....
    Guys any ideas....I am a bit clueless here how to get this puppy back to work.

did you contact syil australia
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own. -Les opinions exprimé dans ce messages sont les mienne

Yip i contacted Frans Walschotts

Hi there, was trying to get hold of Frans Walschotts from toolmach ( Where i got the machine from) But i think i read somewhere that he is not doing the Syil products anymore?! www.Syil.com.au----> The Domain seems to be down...:-(

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisNZ View Post
    Hi there, was trying to get hold of Frans Walschotts from toolmach ( Where i got the machine from) But i think i read somewhere that he is not doing the Syil products anymore?! www.Syil.com.au----> The Domain seems to be down...:-(
    Humm i don't know consumer law in Australia but i doubt you can just drop your customer like that.

edit: well toolmach still sells those machine so i guess they should be honering any warranty for replacement part
    http://www.toolmach.com.au/home.php
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own. -Les opinions exprimé dans ce messages sont les mienne

Yes, i will try to get replacement parts, but at the same time i am trying to find out what is wrong exactly (narrow it down to the faulty part). I am in the middle of prototyping a rifle receiver and the machine is needed urgently. I know there is some people in this forum who know the drivers and mainboards quite well...if i could troubleshoot with you guys without having to send the machine to Australia, that would be very helpful.....Any input appreciated

syil canada

sorry to hear of your problems, drop me a email [email protected] i can defiantly give you a hand, and get you some replacement parts, or if you would like to give me a call tomorrow evening @ 01-403-400-7945.

Thx Syil Canada,Thx Neil,
    Will try as you suggested, but i can't get anything moving in manual mode either anymore, hence switching from manual to cnc mode does not work either. Maybe i am missing something. On Syil.cn, there is only a productlist of alluminium dishes & trays. I tried Syil.com.cn and could not find any stepper documents......
    Cheers
    Chris

Manuals..

Machine manual downloads, I believe have the driver details, or once did.
    http://syil.com.cn/en/Download.asp