586,973 active members*
2,887 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > Taig Mills / Lathes > Postprocessor for Taig with Bobcad v18-21

Hybrid View

Postprocessor for Taig with Bobcad v18-21

Good day

I am trying to start as soon as possible my machine, Taig with mps2000 (?) software controler. I have older version of Bobcad, the v20.
    Bobcad does not support anymore v20 and I would like to upgrade later, at the same time to Mach 3 and v23-v24, in order to let me the time to absorb the learning of the software. Since the questions:

- Does somebody has a Bobcad v20 post processor for this machine to share ?

- If not, which of the list of post processors at Bobcad support is the nearest in order to start modifications or be used as is ?

Thanks in advance

B. Hamerski

If I remember that controller correctly that is some really old stuff from the early 90's, pretty much the neolithic era of benchtop CNC.

I would strongly recommend looking into getting some hardware and/or controller updates, the stuff I remember working with was nigh unusable, slow, and choppy. It didn't come close to getting out of a Taig what its capable of. Might cost a couple/few hundred bucks to upgrade depending, which is rough I know, but it would solve both problems at once and you won't regret it - its a total night and day difference.
    Post pics/specs of the hardware if you can - I may be wrong, but if it is what I think it is, it and those little unipolars should be binned asap, it will make your life much easier all around.