586,042 active members*
3,727 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question Sodick A320D help with flushing

I bought a used A320D that was from a running shop who had 8 Sodicks. I got everything hooked up but the flushing and the high pressure flush only kicks on long enough to make a spurt and thats it, your hear the solenoid click it spits and shuts down. I also tried to command it via T code with out success . I swapped the coils control wire with the tank fills solenoid just to prove the valve assy way working and that the lines were clear and it check out fine and flowed water. I'm stumped and the previous owners head EDM guy wont answer my calls so I'm out in the cold. I'm trying to keep from having service down here for this problem if I can help it. The books and manuals are pretty much a joke as there is no trouble shooting help at all, Thanks in advance for any insight I'd really like to make a pretty blue spark!!!

Those valves are quite cheap, so, I would start changing both valve and solenoid. That would discard any valve/solenoid issue. Doesn't have to be a sodick valve, there are many options.
    If it still fail, try if the cable has a steady voltage after turning the press on (guess it was 24v), if does, means that, at least, the control part of the board seems to work fine. If not, connect it to the solenoid and try that again. It should fail. That means (as you are testing that with a brand new coil) that the output board can't stand the coil load. That might be the power stage of the board. That has to be checked by a technician.
    Hope was helpful

xyz....

check your pm ..... again......
    Registered Linux User #348337
    EMC2 Rocks!!!!

I'm afraid I don't understand....

i mean

xyz_machine check your Private Messages ........
    Registered Linux User #348337
    EMC2 Rocks!!!!

Thanks, I'm quite freshy here.

if the valve is a 24v valve you should be able to place a steel ruler next to the valve and the ruler should stick to it (magnitized). Some models have a air valve that sends water to the tank. I would also make sure that the machine is in submerged mode (T94) then check the switch at the door. Also the machine has to have the tanks filled if it is in submerged mode so check the floats and make sure they arent sticking. if the machine is in nonsubmerged mode they machine wont allow the high pressure to come on.