586,106 active members*
3,140 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

18I parameter 9936 bit 4

I couldn't change the bit #4 for parameter 9936 for Fanuc 18i. I enabled parameter write and didn't work. What does 9936 bit 4 do? We need to chan the bit on inorder for renishaw probe to work. Renishaw tech told us that it is password protected by Fanuc. Any ide how I can turn the bit on?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by teal854t View Post
    I couldn't change the bit #4 for parameter 9936 for Fanuc 18i. I enabled parameter write and didn't work. What does 9936 bit 4 do? We need to chan the bit on inorder for renishaw probe to work. Renishaw tech told us that it is password protected by Fanuc. Any ide how I can turn the bit on?
    Thanks
    I think it's an option parameter. As I known, you coundn't change option on Fanuc i series.

They want you to turn this on for your high speed skip. You need this for probing. Jung is correct they are password protected. What year is your control?? Fanuc instated a new way of changing options about 1.5-2yrs ago in their I-series controls. If you have a newer control then your only option is to pay fanuc for this option as I believe they have to send in a tech because the passwords are given on sight and only last for 24hrs.

This is just bits and peices of info that I have gathered from talking with other people so I am not 100% on everything.

Stevo

Hi

Check your private message
    Quote Originally Posted by teal854t View Post
    Thanks

9936 bit 4

High speed skip is a paid option from Fanuc and is not mandatory for probing. Some machine builders pay Fanuc for HSS on all of their machines but most leave it turned off and require customers to order it from Fanuc. If the machine builder has standard skip (usually x4.7) written into the ladder it usually works fine for most applications. The main difference between the two is that SS is subject to delay in processing due to the scan time of the ladder and HSS has a very consistent delay. Most of the uncertainty of measurement resulting from the variable delay in SS is eliminated by the slower speed of the 2nd touch when using two touch probing. High speed skip should be considered when looking to achieve optimal accuracy and also makes installation of multiple probes cleaner. There is a secondary option called multi-channel high speed skip which gives you 8 channels of HSS (G31.1, G31.2, etc). There is also a way to use G10 to change the setting parameters of HSS via program to use the multiple channels of HSS without buying the multi-channel option. This eliminates the need for M-codes and relays to share SS or HSS between multiple probes.

Quote Originally Posted by greenery_fr View Post
    Hi

Check your private message
    How do I check private massage?

When you are logged in at the upper right of the screen you should see Welcome teal854t. in righ below that there should be link to "private messages".

Stevo