586,626 active members*
2,409 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Community Club House > What would you do with this?

What would you do with this?

Ok a have had a pile of these things
    Skate rollers, normally used for unloading boxes from a truck to warehouse.

I wasn't about to say no to these. There 12' long and unlike the picture the rollers are stagered and they are the alum. ones.

I'm wondering what you guys would use them for, I have made one in to an out feed for my table saw but thats all
    I'm not lazy..., I'm efficient!
    HAAS GR-408

Sell them for 50 bucks a piece
    www.integratedmechanical.ca

I have seen them mounted on a RAS as well. In and outfeed for a planner would work also. Cut the up and sell them as those.
    They would work as a table for a small long cnc router. Moving table type. It would certainly support the center parts of the table under the router.
    Good snag BTW.
    I am sure others can come up with something.
    Lee

LeeWay I like the idea of maybe a CNC table

DareBee The thought has crossed my mind I don't know the best method to sell off a few
    HAAS GR-408

I was trying to think of something less serious. How many do you have? Do you have a nice hill available? Have you ever heard of Luge?

Who needs snow? A mile or so of roller conveyors and a small bit of plywood should give a speedy ride.
    An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.

You might be on to something there Geof I do have 120 feet
    HAAS GR-408

Puy another zero on and it may be possible to have fun; or seriously maim yourself.

Reminds me of an idea I had years ago; pallet jack racing. Most people (at least my age) have heard of soap box derbys. I am just bringing the idea up-to-date; stand on the forks of your pallet jack, hang on to the handle and head down the steepest and windiest hill you can find.

Quote Originally Posted by Geof View Post
    Reminds me of an idea I had years ago; pallet jack racing. Most people (at least my age) have heard of soap box derbys. I am just bringing the idea up-to-date; stand on the forks of your pallet jack, hang on to the handle and head down the steepest and windiest hill you can find.
    Now that's reality TV I could get in to, you could sell that idea to FOX.
    HAAS GR-408

Quote Originally Posted by Geof View Post
    I tried that years ago, just watch out for those pallet shelving cross pieces. They don't move when your head hits them, damn near blacked out.
    If it's not nailed down, it's mine.
    If I can pry it loose, it's not nailed down.

Quote Originally Posted by 2muchstuff View Post
    I tried that years ago, just watch out for those pallet shelving cross pieces. They don't move when your head hits them, damn near blacked out.
    Have you never heard of the word "duck!!!"?

I have to admit that sounds a bit like some of the tricks I have pulled and then looked back and thought how could I be so stupid. (Not that I am implying this applies to you.)