586,121 active members*
3,527 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Eliminating the automatic "G91" in Mach 3 Post Processor

Question Eliminating the automatic "G91" in Mach 3 Post Processor

How do I open the Mach3Mill post processor so I can remove the automatic G91 that's added at the end of the toolpath? I forgot to take it off the end of a post and the next operation resulted in the incremental mode driving the spindle DEEP into the workpiece. I NEVER use uncremental mode so I want to set the post processor so it doesn't insert it at the end of the toolpath.

Quote Originally Posted by m1911bldr View Post
    How do I open the Mach3Mill post processor so I can remove the automatic G91 that's added at the end of the toolpath? I forgot to take it off the end of a post and the next operation resulted in the incremental mode driving the spindle DEEP into the workpiece. I NEVER use uncremental mode so I want to set the post processor so it doesn't insert it at the end of the toolpath.
    Go to "My Computer" and type in this path

C:\Program Files\BobCAD-CAM\BobCAD-CAM V22

Once there look for the Icon that has the name "MillEditPost", double click on it and the Mill Post Editor will open, from the drop down list select your post and from the "Tree" on the left select the part of a program you want to modify and edit away as much as you like.

It is always a good idea to go to here first:-

C:\Program Files\BobCAD-CAM\BobCAD-CAM V22\Posts\Mill

Find your Post and save a copy of it out to a folder somewhere on your PC so that if you make a mess of the editing you will still have the original Post saved!!

Good luck!

Regards
    Rob