586,055 active members*
4,395 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: boot disk

boot disk

Hi is there are boot-disk avail anywhere. when i start turbo cnc it warns me there are other programs running that should be removed. is there any way to install dos alone? right now i have win 98 and i can only run turbcnc in dos within windows. when i boot up to command prompt only there must be no cdrom driver thats where turbocnc is, as well i cant access it on the hard drive. i can ussually fight my way through this stuff but, between building the controller and machine working 68hrs a week and the never-go-home-inlaws!it will take me years... HELP! a quik fix would be greatly appreciated :drowning:

MS-DOS (any version from 3.0 & up)
    Modify your CONFIG.SYS file to allow a boot-up configuration in which EMM386.EXE, HIMEM.SYS, RAMDRIVE.SYS, and any disk caching programs are not present.
    Alternately, create a boot disk with the FORMAT /S command to boot up in a minimal environment.
    Disable DOUBLESPACE if it is enabled.
    Change to the directory with turbocnc.exe and execute the program.
    Windows 3.1
    Edit the WIN line and any drivers from your autoexec.bat and config.sys files in order to present a clean boot to DOS.
    Run TurboCNC from the DOS prompt. If you're still using Win3.1 this far into the 21st century, we assume that you know what you're doing here. Generally, the instructions are the same as for MS-DOS above.
    Windows 95/98
    From the desktop, pick Start | Shut-down | Restart in MS-DOS mode
    Change to the directory with turbocnc.exe and execute the program using the DOS commands
    CD \TCNC or similar for your system, then TURBOCNC
    Alternately, you can hold down the CTRL key (or sometimes F8) while your computer boots up. A short text menu will appear with some boot options. Pick Command Prompt Only, and run as above. If TurboCNC gives you an EMS/XMS driver warning, do it over and pick Command Prompt Safe Mode instead.
    Windows NT / 2000
    TurboCNC will not drive your CNC system reliably as direct access to the hardware is not allowed under these operating systems. You can, however run TurboCNC under the command prompt to familiarize yourself with it, and to 'Dry Verify' parts files. All of the screen shots in this document were gathered by running Turbo CNC on a Windows 2000 system and performing a 'Print Window'.
    TurboCNC can run on a dual boot system with DOS. Consider formatting a disk partition with FAT16 rather than running solely from a floppy disk. On some systems using floppy drives only TurboCNC has had problems due to drive access times.
    Windows XP
    You'll need to create a real-mode boot disk for TurboCNC Get a blank floppy disk out.
    • From the desktop hit Start | My Computer | Floppy (A) [or other letter as appropriate for your system]
    • Insert the disk, then hit File | Format
    • Check the box that says "Create MS-DOS boot disk" and hit OK to format

Expand and copy the TurboCNC files to the floppy.
    Reboot the computer with the floppy in drive A
    Execute TurboCNC at the A:\> prompt.

Just hit F8 while booting, and select start in MS-DOS mode. You'll need to copy TCNC to the hard drive, though. It shouldn't be run from the CD, anyway. You need to be able to save the settings. You can't do that on a CD.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Have a look at this..

http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Matt
    San Diego, Ca

___ o o o_
    [l_,[_____],
    l---L - □lllllll□-
    ( )_) ( )_)--)_)

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)