586,106 active members*
3,020 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Zenbot 1216 router

Does anyone have experience with the Zenbot 1216 CNC router?
    I am considering one to use for scoring stained glass.
    All info gratefully received!

I have a 24 x 24 and I don't recommend it. I've had it for a month and a half and I've had one problem after another with it. They get right on it but never seem to solve it. You can make up your own mind but if I had it to do over I would have gone for the extra money and bought a Romaxx.

I think I know who wrote this post, and I would like to say that customer satisfaction is very important to us, and would like to tell the zenbot perspective on this matter. There was one issue with this customers machine, not "one problem after another". An issue that we did not have when we thoroughly tested the original machine we sent out, and when we tested the replacement parts we sent out. I did everything within my power, including sending a new control box (which was thoroughly tested first), 2nd day air. A new motor (also tested before shipping) second day air, a new z axis assembly (2nd day air even when I knew there was nothing wrong with the original). The last thing I was going to try was to have him send the parts back to me to test on my computer to eliminate his computer as a variable. I'm still awaiting the equipment back so I can do further testing. I even bought another computer and a windows license that I could set up and send to him in the probable event that everything worked well on my computer. We have sold many of these machines, and there is the inevitable issue here and there, but we always make things right for the customer. I hope some of my customers will vouch for this. Unfortunately, there are issues that are beyond our control (computer and software issues). I usually don't chime in regarding our products, and encourage honest feedback. I just want to make sure that it is clear to potential customers that there was one issue with this customers machine, not "one problem after another" which sounds as if there is a fundamental quality problem with our machines, when, in fact, there was only one issue.