586,069 active members*
3,671 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Coolant Pan

Coolant Pan

Finished my flood coolant pan yesterday and have it all installed now. Will probably order the Enco coolant tank and pump unless something better pops up. I have a big steel job coming in a few weeks and wanted to be ready for it. The pan is 14 gauge sheet metal, I had a local fabrication shop shear and brake the major pieces then I brought it all home and finished cutting and welding it up. I basically copied the diminsions of the basic stand pan except mine is about 1 inch deeper, I wanted steeper angles on the side to ensure rapid coolant return.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails insert_pan.jpg   pan_ready.jpg  
    BlueFin CNC LLC
    Southern Oregon

Red face QUESTION???

I WILL APOLOGIZE AHEAD OF TIME FOR THIS IS TO ASK YOU A QUESTION ALTHOUGH YOUR BUILD LOOKS GREAT. I HAVE A CINCINNATI MILCRON SABRE THE TOOL CHANGER WENT DOWN AND WAS WONDERING IF WE COULD CONTINUE TO RUN CHANGING TOOLS MANUALLY WITH A PAUSE INSERTED IN THE CODE AT TOOL CHANGE. ANY INFO YOU MAY HAVE WOULD BE HELPFUL AND WOULD THE INTER-LOCK DOOR CREATE A PROBLEM?

Uh, I think you might have posted in the wrong forum, this is a Tormach mill area.
    BlueFin CNC LLC
    Southern Oregon

my bad

Blue Fin, that's a great looking pan!

May I ask ballpark what the fab shop charged? I'm curious before I go charging down to my local fab with a similar request.

Will you be adding walls?

Cheers,

BW

Quote Originally Posted by BobWarfield View Post
    Blue Fin, that's a great looking pan!

May I ask ballpark what the fab shop charged?

Will you be adding walls?

BW
    The fab shop bill for materials and labor was $137.00 plus $12.00 for two cans of spray paint. It took me two evenings after work to trim, assemble, weld and paint the pan. Then about 2 hours this weekend to rent an engine hoist for $10.00 to slip the pan underneath it. Oh, I machined four 3/4" inch blocks with a 1/2" hole in each one to raise the machine up off the pan, I had some scrap laying around for that. Because I didn't plan ahead back in September, the four mounting bolts that I bought originally were a 1/2" too short now. So I had to buy $8.00 in new bolts ( I got some slightly used 5" 1/2" X 7/16" bolts I'll make someone a heck of a deal on! )
    BlueFin CNC LLC
    Southern Oregon