586,072 active members*
4,472 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 2 12

CT129N Clamping kit ???

Guys i'm newbie at it , how do you measure the T slot to know wich size of kit is needed ????

Bruno

Use a caliper? Measure the width of the slot, then see which diameter stud fits. Can't get much more simple than that.

you need the 3/8 kit
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own. -Les opinions exprimé dans ce messages sont les mienne

Thanks guys , i was not sure if it was top or bottom of the slot !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by escott76 View Post
    Use a caliper? Measure the width of the slot, then see which diameter stud fits. Can't get much more simple than that.

It's only easy if you know what you're doing. We all have to start somewhere -

Dave
    Dave->..

Another option

When I was in the BusyBee Concord store last they now have the proper 12mm clamping kits the part # is B200M and it's so new they don't even have them on the website yet. I was told it has a 10 mm stud.

Quote Originally Posted by escott76 View Post

Yes very simple , yesterday i bought a 3/8 kit because the studs fit , and guess what , yes the studs fit , but the tnuts don't !!!!!

But it's ok , i have a milling to cut them to the proper size !!!

Waiting for the B200M to go on sale.

Call me cheap but I'm waiting for them to go on sale. When I was in last the 3/8 kit was on sale for around $58 but no luck talking them into the B200M set for that price. I was there picking up my R8 spindle.

Hopefully if others find this thread we might save them some work.

How much material did you end up having to mill off ?

Quote Originally Posted by JaxxMan View Post
    Call me cheap but I'm waiting for them to go on sale. When I was in last the 3/8 kit was on sale for around $58 but no luck talking them into the B200M set for that price. I was there picking up my R8 spindle.

Hopefully if others find this thread we might save them some work.

How much material did you end up having to mill off ?
    Old post, I know - when you say you were picking up an R8 spindle, are you talking about getting a replacement R8 spindle for the CT129N?

Those mills caught my eye but the MT3 is making me balk..

Quote Originally Posted by isaac338 View Post
    Old post, I know - when you say you were picking up an R8 spindle, are you talking about getting a replacement R8 spindle for the CT129N?
    Yes, Also they are straightforward for a CNC conversion.

I purchased it for the CT129 which had the MT2 spindle - Paper weight now.

Like Radical! said "yes: and I'm about 1/2 way through my CNC conversion.

Due to some fortunate events I ended up with a spare R8 Spindle, going to buy another machine down the road.

I purchased it for the CT129 which had the MT2 spindle - Paper weight now.

Like Radical! said "yes: and I'm about 1/2 way through my CNC conversion.

Due to some fortunate events I ended up with a spare R8 Spindle, going to buy another machine down the road.
    Do they sell the draw bar with the R8 spindle or do we have to fab one up ourselves?

Thanks, Robert

Draw Bar

The draw bar is included now, the first one I ordered was missing it so I made one.
    I was also told they have limited stock but I imagine if they get more interest they will order more slow boat from China.

The draw bar is included now, the first one I ordered was missing it so I made one.
    I was also told they have limited stock but I imagine if they get more interest they will order more slow boat from China.
    awesome, thank you.

I'll have to contact and arrange for one to be ordered or picked up.

Thanks again, Robert

Question

For any body that is still looking at getting a CT129 mill and you would like a R8 spindle instead well good news...
    here are the links for them: you just go on the normal page http://busybeetools.ca/cgi-bin/picture10?NTITEM=CT129N
    and then remove the N as so http://busybeetools.ca/cgi-bin/picture10?NTITEM=CT129
    now check the price which should be $1009.00 and add R8 to the address...http://busybeetools.ca/cgi-bin/picture10?NTITEM=CT129R8 and the price as droped to $93.99 so a total of $1102.99 a little bit cheaper than just the CT129N at $1299. with an added bonus of a free MT2 paper weight spindle !!
    Hardware: the part of the computer that can be kicked. If you can only curse at it, it's software.

Quote Originally Posted by freemen View Post
    For any body that is still looking at getting a CT129 mill and you would like a R8 spindle instead well good news...
    here are the links for them: you just go on the normal page http://busybeetools.ca/cgi-bin/picture10?NTITEM=CT129N
    and then remove the N as so http://busybeetools.ca/cgi-bin/picture10?NTITEM=CT129
    now check the price which should be $1009.00 and add R8 to the address...http://busybeetools.ca/cgi-bin/picture10?NTITEM=CT129R8 and the price as droped to $93.99 so a total of $1102.99 a little bit cheaper than just the CT129N at $1299. with an added bonus of a free MT2 paper weight spindle !!
    Do you know if the CT129R8 spindle will work in the CT129N (MT3). I just picked up a used CT129N and wonder if/why I should switch this over to R8.

CT129N Clamping kit ???

I have been wondering the samething. But then again I haven't had any issue with the MT3.

When I picked up my clamp kit I ended up getting the 3/8" kit and milled the tee nuts down. The Busy Bee in Dartmouth didn't have the proper one in. I also got mine on sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I switched my MT2 for an R8 because I allready had all tooling in R8 but the spindle will fit the CT129N.
    Hardware: the part of the computer that can be kicked. If you can only curse at it, it's software.

mt2 spindle

Is anyone interested in selling their old MT2 spindles?

I have a new CT129N, still in the crate. I bought a clamping kit with it, the bottom t's are slightly oversized, busybee didn't have one that fit, out of 6 we tried.

Still waiting on a work bench for it.

I'll ask the machinist at work how best to go about milling the t's down. That will be my first project.

Page 1 of 2 12