586,096 active members*
3,808 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > DynaCNC > Gotta DM3000 lathe, anyone interested in these things?

Gotta DM3000 lathe, anyone interested in these things?

I purchased one of these off ebay last fall. Finally cleared out the backlog in the shop and started setting this thing up. If anyone's interested, I can document some of my "adventures" with this thing and see if we can get a bit of discussion on these older machines. Seems like a solidly built micro lathe, but it's definitely quirky!

Hi Cliff, i got given a Dyna Myte 3000 cnc lathe but i do not have a clue at my age [60] how the machine operates,i have no operating manuals so i am hoping someone out there can help me out . Cheers . axios49

I'm not Cliff, but I've got my 3000 running pretty well. I have a manual. If you can figure out how to get it copied, I could help you out. If your machine has the original controller, you really must have the manual, because the machine does not use standard G and M codes.

In the meantime, you'll need to get a few things:

- old computer with windows 95 on it
    - I have the utility you'll need to install on this computer
    - a serial cable and some of the modular connectors that you can get at radio shack. You have to solder up a cable (major pain in the butt) to transfer programs on and off the machine. The controller can only hold one program at a time.
    - you'll probably have to build a few things to mount tools in the turret. You can buy some of the stuff from dyna.

Jon

Smile Dyna Myte 3000

Hi Jon,
    thanks for your reply.My lathe has it;s original controller on a moving arm ,and a computer i can access since i work at a college and we throw heaps of them out when we upgrade, the Turret i assume you mean the rotary head that is on the .
    bed that goes back and forth [although i have not tried it]which has the 3 cutters a drillbit and a pilot drill/countersink and the serial cable is the grey cable with one end connected to a serial port on the side of the lathe. Any other info. you can provide for me will be most appreciated, regards Chris.

Also Interested

Jon: I also have 2 of the 3000 lathes which I have not done anything with and will be watching for any insite you can give. When you indicated a cable for the computer have you changed electronics in the Dyna so that G code can be used? Does the software you have run only on a Windows 95 computer?

Bob