586,094 active members*
4,137 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Lathes > MasterCam/HAAS Tl-1 G-Code Question

MasterCam/HAAS Tl-1 G-Code Question

I have a question regarding the TL-1 that I hope someone here can give me a hand with. We have a new TL-1 here in our shop and I have gotten to the point where I am familiar with pretty much the whole machine, but I have a vexing problem with the tool changer. We are working almost exclusively from MasterCam files and every time I post a file from Mastercam, it puts a G28 M05 before the tool change command. I wouldn't care except the machine's home position is so close to the tailstock that the automatic tool post has actually collided with it when the post has longer tools in it. Does anyone here know how to do any of the following:

A. Redefine the HAAS machine home position

B. Change a mastercam setting so that tools can change somewhere besides home (we know the machine can do this as we did a manual test)

C. Set up a second home point that G28 will return to besides the machine default (0,0).

D. Or have another solution from a similar experience.

You can remove the G28 from the mastercam post

We have a TL1 also and have had the post edited to prevent this. If you have the tech support with MasterCam they will do this through virtual tech while on the phone. We also have a G129 (user set point) programed to the position we want the move. We also use the same g code in our VF3 to position the table right in the center and front of the doors to remove the parts.