Dear Group,

I have a PCNC which I am pretty happy with and now I am contemplating to buy the duality lathe. Before committing to it I'd have some questions:

I see on the spec sheet that the range of threads specified as 0.25 to 5mm (4-100 TPI). 4 TPI is 6.35mm pitch, so I assume that it is a typo. I would need to be able cut some 6mm pitch, 3 start threads in CNC mode. I don't see any reason to see a limit on pitch, unless I use the lathe in manual mode. Am I correct about this?

I would like to machine mostly plastic, such as delrin (acetal) and polycarbonate. They are rather large, up to 100mm dia x 150mm long, but I think this machine could handle it. These parts are mainly for prototypes, so high productivity is not an issue. The most important requirement would be repeatable, nice surface quality. Any thoughts on this?

There is also a note which states that no flood coolant should be used, which is ok if I cut mostly plastic, but sometimes it doesn't hurt, especially when drilling plastic. How critical is this limitation in your opinion?

Any comments would be appreciated.

Best Regards
Attila