586,106 active members*
2,987 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Fanuc 10M on Dahlih MCV 760.

Hello Guys.

I would be glad if anyone could give me some advice on this one.

We have a Dahlih MCV 760 Machining Centre with a Fanuc 10M control panel.

We are busy cutting a mockup tool in wood but we experience a lot of problems in the process.

When the mill is cutting it is very "jerky" and sometimes it just stops cutting and the machine have to be restarted.

It seems that the "buffer" on the panel gets full and then it stops.

The comms between the PC on which the program is stored and then "dripfed" to the mill seems to be OK.

We have played with the baudrate settings and ms delay settings as we tried to get the comms sorted out.

Are there any way I can check what the baudrate is on the Fanuc 10M controller?

Is there a good default setting for the comms on the PC that will keep the mill running even if it is slow?

We have had an expert out and he suggested we "play" with the drip feed program.

The program we use for the dripfeed is SD Comms version 6,anyone know this software.

I hve tried the one or other freeware program but no luck.

I know it is an old machine but is there any way of upgrading the comms to have an ethernet link?

Does anyone know what the size of the memory on the Fanuc 10M is? Can it be upgraded?

The size of the program is 1.5Meg.

Sorry if I ask stupid questions this is my very first encounter with CNC machines and programming.

Hope to hear from an expert soon.:cheers:

More Info.

I get an error code on the Fanuc 10M.

SR 834. Buffer Overflow (2) Data exceeding 10 characters were received after sending the stop code (DC3) when the NC receives data by reader/puncher interface 2.

Does this make sense to anyone. Any solutions?

There are a few things that you can try. Make sure that your baudrate is set properly. It has been awhile since I have been on a 10 series control but I always run 4800 baudrate. I have never used dripfeeding so I can’t tell you how much this will effect this or what to set it to. Now I believe that the parameters for baudrate are as follows

Device 1
    5110=specifications
    5111=stop bits
    5112= baudrate

Device 2

Device 3

For the baudrate parameter set it as follows
    =9 for 2400 baudrate
    =10 for 4800
    =11 for 9600
    Your computer must have the same baudrate. I also believe that you want to have 2 stop bits. Everything that is set in your control must be set to the same in your PC.

The other thing to try which is pretty common on the 10 and 11 series control is to adjust the FIFO buffers on your PC.

Go to control panel, system, device manager, ports, select the com port, properties, port setting, advanced. Then set them to a smaller size.

Stevo