586,103 active members*
3,457 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

mach 2 problem

My friend was using mach 1 and it worked perfect, so than he upgraded to mach 2 and could not get one axis to work in both direction. the z and the y would move perfectly but the x would only move in one direction. What on earth could cause this? Mind you that all the hardware is working and it seam to me a mach 2 issue.

Mach2 can be fussy with computer hardware. Did he try the special driver? There is a file called specialdriver.bat in the program folder. If this doesn't solve it, try a different version of Mach2. Version 6.11 is the current stable release, but there is a version 4.xx available too. Let us know how you get on.
    Just a thought - there are settings for direction pre-change and for pulse width in the motor tuning sections, might be worth a look?
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

When you uninstalled Mach1 did you also uninstall the hardware driver then reboot before installing Mach 2?
    Thanks

Jeff Davis (HomeCNC)
    http://www.homecnc.info

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Yes, that was done.

Do it again! I have had trouble many times from a funny install. And re-check your pin callouts, and HOT keys.
    Thanks

Jeff Davis (HomeCNC)
    http://www.homecnc.info

Quote Originally Posted by HomeCNC
    Do it again! I have had trouble many times from a funny install. And re-check your pin callouts, and HOT keys.
    Yes, if you have the same pin for two things that is TROUBLE! Even if the outputs are not active, put in 0 for everything you don't need. I had this happen to me just the other day...

Hope that is a little help