586,075 active members*
4,003 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Fanuc 15MB and Rotary Axis

I have a machine with a Fanuc 15 MB control and a Troyke rotary table installed on it. The rotary had a Heidenhain RON 275 encoder on it that failed. I have been able to get the table working with the encoder built into the motor but it does not rotate the proper degrees when I move it in MDI. The display says 360 degrees but the table moves a different amount. This table moves 2 degrees for each motor revolution. The motor is an Fanuc Alpha series a 3/3000 with pulsecoder aI64. The encoder does not give a PPR on the data plate. Anyone with ideas or knowledge of how to set this up?
    Gary Sparks

Do you have the parameter manual for this control? I ask more questions on these types of problems then I actually know so I am not sure how much help I will be. Do you have the proper settings in the control for the number of pulses per rotation of the motor? If you put a different encoder on then this will probably have to be changed. I believe on the 15M control it is parameter 1806. However there are a lot of settings that should probably be checked if the same pulse coder was not installed.

Stevo

Talking

I got it!!!!!
    Gary Sparks

Smile

Hello everyone, FYI maybe this link could be useful http://cncfanuc.blogspot.com

Gary,
    What ended up being the problem. I am just curious as I know a little of a little in this area. Also that way if anyone is having the same troubles and come across this thread they have a place to start and check.

Stevo