586,103 active members*
3,205 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Hobby Projects > I.C. Engines > Model V8 engine plans required
Page 25 of 27 152324252627
    LOL I would hardly think I am famous in any respect. however I do know what you mean about the old timer disease. Its not a real disease if it doesn't have letters associated with it Like A.D.D. or A.D.H.D. since I too am a sufferer I gave it a name long ago. its C.R.S. = Cant' Remember Squat

as for the question on your progress. Yes I think you should document it. you have a large following and Im sure they would love to see your progress. I too would be interested in your approach. mainly because you may do it differently than I did so we could possibly learn somethin. Im always looking for fresh ideas. you can have 10 people make the same part and get the same results. but how they got there may be radically different from each other.

Quote Originally Posted by cforcht View Post
    mainly because you may do it differently than I did so we could possibly learn somethin. Im always looking for fresh ideas. you can have 10 people make the same part and get the same results. but how they got there may be radically different from each other.

That's because you know what the hell your doing!!!

I decided 5 years ago that I wanted an engine so I bought a mill and a lathe. Everything I know about making parts was learned in the garage using the "crap that didn't work" method. The way you go about things is much more refined than my hammer and hacksaw methods.

I will start a thread in a few minutes.

My methods may seem more refined than yours on the surface. much of that came from 20+ years of experience. but the truth is I do some pretty down and dirty stuff too. when it comes right down to it. there are many ways to skin a cat but the only important thing is the cat gets skinned. the thing you have to keep in perspective is the more you do the easier it gets. mostly from the things you learn that do not work. with that in mind consider how many things I have done over the years that did not work. COUNTLESS. but the most important thing is you arent afraid to try and you dont give up because it seems to hard.

Quiters don't have engines that run!!

thats right

Steve

I see nothing wrong with posting your pics in this existing thread, or starting a Steve Huck Blower V8 thread - your choice.

We welcome your posts and pics either way.

I agree with dyno. might just as well post them in this one. most everybody whos following this one knows whats going on. besides its more of a continuation or branching of the original thread instead of a completely new topic.

I agree with dyno. might just as well post them in this one. most everybody whos following this one knows whats going on. besides its more of a continuation or branching of the original thread instead of a completely new topic.

Yeah but the intent of the thread has been fulfilled. The plans are in the hands of those who wanted them. Time to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by stevehuckss396 View Post
    Yeah but the intent of the thread has been fulfilled. The plans are in the hands of those who wanted them. Time to move on.

I just noticed the eagle has landed: http://www.cnczone.com/forums/i_c_en..._v8_blown.html

I have some inquires about how to set the timing for the cam and ignition. I made this video to show how I go about it. The video is really bad as I was having a hard time working on the engine and filming at the same time. I hope it will help some of you who asked about it.

While watching the video I noticed that when the wheel slipped out of my hand I only rotated the wheel 99 degrees and not 109. While you guy's are watching this thing I'll be out in the garage doing it all over again.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0EdqCtvhy4]CamTimingSetup - YouTube[/ame]

how to set the timing for the cam and ignition. I made this video to show how I go about it.
    Thanks Steve. I think your video does exactly what it is intended to do - clearly communicate simple effective methods for setting up an engine.

25cc
    A little confused here.......other post on 1.5 demon says his engine is around 90cc at 1.5 times the size of your engine. Was this referring to a different design.....too many pages to sort through to look for possible answer.....Thanks....Jeff

the other thread (Steve Huck's version 1.5) is mine. its based on Steve's design here on this thread. with the difference being mine is scaled up 1.5 times. making it 92cc. I have made changes to the original design but it is based on Steve's plans for the Little Demon V8. hope that helps eliminate some of the confusion. if not just ask.

the other thread (Steve Huck's version 1.5) is mine. its based on Steve's design here on this thread. with the difference being mine is scaled up 1.5 times. making it 92cc. I have made changes to the original design but it is based on Steve's plans for the Little Demon V8. hope that helps eliminate some of the confusion. if not just ask.
    I originally came to that conclusion, however, back when Steve was building the radiator, I asked how big his engine was, and the reply was 25cc.

Bluejets,
    Im assuming you feel the math doesn't add up. Steve's engine at 25cc scaled 1.5 times should be 37.5cc if you scale the displacement. but I scaled the engine not the displacement. the scaling process makes the displacement exponentially larger not just a simple 1.5 times the original displacement.

Steve's engine .625 bore x .625 stroke x 8 cylinders = 1.533ci or 25.121 cc
    my engine .975 bore .9375 stroke x 8 cylinders = 5.599ci or 91.76cc

formula for displacement is bore x bore x stroke x # of cylinders x .7854 = cubic inch

ok...see where you are coming from now.
    Used to size of engine being quoted in displacement and not length x breadth x height.
    I remember council worker who ran out of 2 inch water pipe and wanted to give me two 1 inch pipes instead.

I'm looking for a guy named John Tober, Tasman@

I have an update for the V8 plans and blower plans and your email address in my records will not allow me to send you the updates. Minor changes but I would like everyone to have the latest copy.

If you remember a while back, I told everybody that Dale Detrich was thinking about making spark plugs. Well he sent me a set to try. This video is the Demon running on his plugs. In my opinion it runs as well or maybe a little better than the plugs I made. There is some arcing in the cap from me being a bone head. Good thing he sent me nine. Bottom line is they work well.

If dale decides to make the 8-40 plugs available I'll let everybody know.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnbwsLysqGk]Demon1.AVI - YouTube[/ame]

I was waiting for the "special effects" from the exhaust/gas can positioning.LOL

Nice to hear from you again.

Dick Z
    DZASTR

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD ZASTROW View Post
    I was waiting for the "special effects" from the exhaust/gas can positioning.LOL

Nice to hear from you again.

Dick Z

Hello!

The can isn't as close as it looks.

Page 25 of 27 152324252627