586,055 active members*
4,376 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > tool touch off and offset setting

tool touch off and offset setting

we just got in a fadal 3016 with an 88 control on it. its a really low hour machine and sounds good. the setup guy is coming this morning to level and adjust the gibbs and all that good stuff, however i didnt get any manuals with the machine. can someone give me a quick run down of how to load and touch off tools. also i'm planning on running 3 vises on this machine and would like to use G55, G56, G57. how would i go about touching these off for the fadal?

i think i've read through just about every link on that page and maybe i'm missing something but nowhere did i find a procedure for touching off tools or setting up offsets.

in my hardinge manuals they give a step by step approach to touching off tools and setting offsets. i don't know why fadal doesn't do this.

Tool Setting
    1) Install tool in the spindle.
    2) Press the MANUAL key to enter the command mode.
    3) Press the JOG key to enter the jog mode.
    4) Jog the Z axis until the tool is in the proper location.
    5) Press the MANUAL key to enter the command mode.
    6) Type SL comma and the tool number.
    7) Press the ENTER key to insert this location in the tool table.
    If the second parameter is a number other than zero, the current location of the Z axis is ignored and the current value of the length offset in the tool table is incremented by the value specified by the second parameter. For Example; If tool #1 originally has a length offset value of -10.000 and the command SL,1,-.025 is entered, the NEW offset will be -10.025.

Quote Originally Posted by Runner4404spd View Post
    we just got in a fadal 3016 with an 88 control on it. its a really low hour machine and sounds good. the setup guy is coming this morning to level and adjust the gibbs and all that good stuff, however i didnt get any manuals with the machine. can someone give me a quick run down of how to load and touch off tools. also i'm planning on running 3 vises on this machine and would like to use G55, G56, G57. how would i go about touching these off for the fadal?
    Quote Originally Posted by Runner4404spd View Post
    i think i've read through just about every link on that page and maybe i'm missing something but nowhere did i find a procedure for touching off tools or setting up offsets.

in my hardinge manuals they give a step by step approach to touching off tools and setting offsets. i don't know why fadal doesn't do this.
    Your welcome anytime

Press the manual key type UT press enter select tool setting cycle follow the directions as prompted. This is a more fool proof way of setting the tools because it asks you what your Joe block size is and puts it in the offsets for you, no setting the length then entering the number manually for the block.

MC

thank you i will give these a shot today and see if i can't get some chips off this machine.