4,559 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 2 12
    Quote Originally Posted by pobanion View Post
    Yes the motor is 1/2 HP.

The Z travel is listed as...
    Max Dist. spindle nose to table: 17.5"

I listed the 550lbs just as a kind of average. Most of the machines get shipped with a stand packaged with it so the 550lbs includes the weight of the stand and the crate. I repackage them before I ship them out because the factory crates are pretty thin. I use 7/16 OSB on a 2 x 4 crate frame which is a little on the heavy side but a lot stronger than the paper thin factory crates. I have never had any trouble from my shipper with what I list on the BOL as far as the weight goes.

If you are interested in the exact weight of the machine, the stand and the crate I would be happy to look it up for you.
    Thanks for the clarification. And just to be clear: The spindle to table distance is not always the same as the travel. Are you saying the the spindle nose can actually be lowered to TOUCH the table? Then that WOULD be the Z travel.

CR.

pobanion

Also add a few more up close and full pics from different angles for each model, the stock "publicity" photo only goes so far. Perhaps with a Kurt 6" vise for scale.

BTW major Kudos for re-crating the machine before final shipment. I ordered an IH mill and while the machine arrived much of the crate did not.

For anyone who is interested - I purchased the MD003+ from Paul at MTW, and while I haven't run the machine yet (as it's still in pieces from the move to the basement) I can personally attest to the quality of the shipping crate. It arrived in pristine condition, and I actually had to hatchet off a corner of the box to get my prybar in there - 2x4 uprights, on an extremely sturdy pallet, and a couple of hundred nails! It took quite some effort to get into it!

Hth.

~ Ian

Hi Ian...

I am glad you liked it.

Pat

Page 2 of 2 12