586,115 active members*
3,450 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

DMG TWIN 65 with SIEMENS 840D

We have five, Twin 65 with SIEMENS 840D (windows 95) and one of the machines hard drive crashed. We bought a new hard drive from Bestbuy store. I like to know how I can clone hard drives. Since we have five machines, I like to clone hard drive from one of the good machines to the new hard drive. Twin 65 comes with windows 95. Can I remove hard drive from a good machine and clone it to a new hard drive by using universal USB cables for both externally? What software? I heard Acronis is ood.

Thanks

Try Norton Ghost. I've used it to clone a hard drive for a DMU 80P and a DMU 50 Evolution. It worked well. Basically you make a Norton Ghost boot disk, then install the disk you wish to copy in a PC as disk "C" and the new target disk as "D" , then boot the PC from the Norton Ghost disk you made, and follow the instructions from there.

Twin 32 harddisk clone (backup) requirement

We have twin 32 siemens 840D control with 4.8gb harddisk drive with windows 95. Now harddisk is crashed i bought new harddisk but i dont have backup. Can you help me?

Quote Originally Posted by teal854t View Post
    We have five, Twin 65 with SIEMENS 840D (windows 95) and one of the machines hard drive crashed. We bought a new hard drive from Bestbuy store. I like to know how I can clone hard drives. Since we have five machines, I like to clone hard drive from one of the good machines to the new hard drive. Twin 65 comes with windows 95. Can I remove hard drive from a good machine and clone it to a new hard drive by using universal USB cables for both externally? What software? I heard Acronis is ood.

Thanks