586,036 active members*
3,484 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Dynapath Delta 20 PIC Table

Evening,
    I want to adjust a couple of settings on the PIC Table. Does anyone have a list for Line and Hex number settings?

Thanks,
    Bill

PIC or PAR?

Do you mean PIC or PAR? The PIC is the "ladder" or "PLC" program that was written by the machine OEM (or DynaPath for them). The PAR is the machine parameter table that defines the CNC/machine interface. The parameter table is standard for a machine type, (lathe, mill, punch); but the PIC can be different for every machine.

if pic

If it is the pic you are looking for then you need to look for a printed list from the OEM.

You can use the pic tables to let you know what bits are on and off. For a Delta 20 the Inputs start at WRD0000 and the Outputs start WRD8. Other ladder bits are listed later but a pic or ladder listing is required to figure out what and where they are.

I guess it would be the PAR table then. I'm having issues with the x-position star not comming on at random intervals, in different locations. I've swapped the servo drives, also to no avail. It's always .0002 off position. My thought was to increase the range window for the acceptance of a position to .0004. Which is plenty enough tol. for what I'm doing.

-Bill

You should adjust the servo.

You should just have to adjust the servo drive. In the setup mode of control turn it to "servo adjust" and go back to jog mode. you will note the distance to go display has changed to a lag display. I am guessing that the x value is too large. On a Gettys N360 servo drive you would need to adjust the offset pot to correct this issue (adjust until display shows 0 or 0/1). Turn back to your regular setup mode when finished.

You don't note what type of machine this is but for a mill X axis the parameter for in position range is 1b and 1c could be inch or metric depending on your machine. .0000 inch 0.000 mm. first two digits in first location. second two in second location. The decimal is a given.

Hope this helps.