586,075 active members*
4,102 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Out of control Mem

New to CNC Zone. I have a dyna martonics 4800 mill. I need to hook up my pc for added mem. In my manual it refers to MELDAS Computer link manual. How can I link My PC to this machine. DB25 on controler DB 9 Com 1 Up load and down load no problems. Thanks

I'm not too familiar with Meldas controls but I believe they are referring to DNC or DRip Feeding to the control from a PC.

DNC or Drip Feeding is "Direct Numerical Control" where the CNC Control reads the G-Code Program from the PC.

You may have a variety of connections to use. The most common is RS232C.

Hopefully someone with your configuration will chime in and be of better assistance.

BTW: You will need a software to DNC to your machine. The cheapest I know of is NC Plot. www.ncplot.com

Cheers
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

I think the BOB Cam software came with this type of software. Will procom work? Looks like i have a lot to learn

Quote Originally Posted by lathe tech View Post
    I think the BOB Cam software came with this type of software. Will procom work? Looks like i have a lot to learn
    Which version of bobcad??

If you have V19 - V21 your good to go, but if you have their latest your in for bugs. This means V22 and V23. If I am correct they themselves do not have a DNC any more. They use Predator DNC which you have to purchase separately.

NC Plot will be cheaper and better for you IMPO. Besides the creator of NC Plot has a sub forum here and gives real time support. Scott does a great job in taking care of his customers.
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

Thanks for the info. Yep Im using the V23.

Quote Originally Posted by lathe tech View Post
    Thanks for the info. Yep Im using the V23.
    Does the Pocketing feature work yet???
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

Had all night to play on the Mill. Got the DNC function working. Bob cad is using the predator and it has the DNC function. I will take some vidio and explain how I did it . I also need to document the parameters. I will post the vidio later this week.

Bobcad
    The Pocket function is working on my PC. New windows VISTA I could never get the software to run other thatn DEMO mode.
    Thanks for your help and reply.

Bart M.