586,121 active members*
3,758 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: CNC Mold

CNC Mold

I need an aluminum mold(s) made for a part I designed. The largest part is roughly 10.5" X 5.25" X 3.75". All together there are 6 individual pieces. I do have a 3D drawing I made in Google SketchUp I can email if anyone can make it. There is a free viewer in case you don't know.

I do have SolidWorks but I am not familiar with it. I can import the SketchUp file and save it as a SolidWorks file but there are a lot of errors.

I'll take a look at it the free viewer is good but we still need some way to translate it to cad to be able to machine it
    I sent a pm with my email

Greg,

What type of mold(s) are you looking for? Injection? Rotational? Vacuumform? Open pour?
    I sent a PM.
    Doug Pryor
    David Wolfe Design, Inc.
    Akron, OH
    www.davidwolfedesign.com
    [email protected]

aluminum mold

I am interested in listing their molds have 30 year of experience, feel confident if you like you can contact me
    thanks ....

I would like to bid on this , send the files to [email protected], my machine is currently sitting idle

Jlittle

Send whatever information you have. I'm sure I can help you.
    Mark Reynaert, President Mark Mold and Engineering [email protected] http://markmold.com

CNC Mold

I just sent out an email with the 3D drawings to everyone that replied to my original post. My email is [email protected]. If anyone has any questions/comments please feel free to email me.

Regards,
    Greg

In case anyone is having trouble viewing the files I sent them, you can download a free Edrawings viewer here: http://www.edrawingsviewer.com/

Why not consider Chinese mold maker?

Hello, I'm a Chinese and I suggest you put your mold be fabricated in China. There are many experienced mold maker in China, most important, they charge less.

Well with that being said I suggest you keep this product in the US. Enough of the chinese communist BS.

Quote Originally Posted by china-edm View Post
    Hello, I'm a Chinese and I suggest you put your mold be fabricated in China. There are many experienced mold maker in China, most important, they charge less.
    More important, the QUALITY is also less! There are probably enough bad Chinese molds being reworked in the United States to sink a battleship from the
    weight. Most molds need to be made to pretty tight tolerances, not something
    anyone with any sense would send to China.

I guess you have never been in China, I just wanna let you know that you are a frog in a well.

Quote Originally Posted by china-edm View Post
    I guess you have never been in China, I just wanna let you know that you are a frog in a well.
    You are nothing but a Chinese spammer who contributes nothing, you need to go away! You post in unrelated areas, and I seriously doubt your name is Randy
    to boot. We are not as dumb as you think we are.

As a mold maker with 20 years experience like me, I suggest that you should built your mold in US. Every time that our company had mold built in China came back the mold never right, I or other mold maker in the shop have to modify or repair all the time. But not my decision where the mold should be built.

The main issue with China is material not quality. You can get junk to great in China but no material specs
    We have had good luck with our Fadals milling mostly soft steel and aluminum up to 5 axis. We are always looking for spare parts If you have a broken down Fadal give a shout.

can you send the file with the drawing please email [email protected]
    thanks

Greg if you haven't already gave the job to someone, I would be interested in looking at you parts also. Just shoot me an email [email protected].

Thankyou for your time.

Ricky Thomas
    Eastside Machining

Machining any Aluminum 3D

We machine all types of aluminum. Able to read most software. Please send for quoting.