586,103 active members*
3,908 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > MasterCam X3 parts report. can it be done?

MasterCam X3 parts report. can it be done?

ok so boss man came around and told me we need to create a part report (tool list, cycle time, time per tool, etc...) for a machine proposal. customer wants to make a million or so widgets per year and we need to show them exactly how our machines can pull that off.

i used to run esprite cam and it had a bunch of nifty little utilities for creating all kinds of pretty little reports complete with pictures of all the tools.

and just for fun we had some pro-e sales people come in yesterday and show us their new cam software which also has a report generator.

i looked around mastercam and searched the web and this site a bit and i'm not seeing anything like this in master cam. does anyone know if there is a function built into mastercam for this, or if there is a utility that might be used?

There are a couple options for you.

I use the "mill.set" setup sheet which is included with Mastercam. It is basically a post-processor which has been specifically designed to output text information in a usable format. You can customize to add or suppress various types of information.

I am not at work today but I would be willing to share my modified version if you're interested...

EDIT: My setup sheet can be acquired here... http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68141

The other option would be the X+ setup sheet available here...

http://www.gmccs.de/index.php?page=mastercam_xplus.htm

Yeah, it's half in German but you can figure out what you need...

thank you very much.
    this is exactly the kind of function i was looking for. not as pretty as esprite, but it sure looks like i can fix that if i really need to.

Right Click in the Operations Manager and select Setup Sheet from the bottom of the list.

Click the tool icon for a tool list. click General for detailed information about each operation.

Mike Mattera
    Tips For Manufacturing Training CD's, DVD's for Mastercam, SolidWorks, Inventor, G-Code Training & More
    http://www.tipsforcadcam.com