I have a nineties BMC-20 that I am having a serious problem with. I gues it is only really serious since it is my first week in business for mysely, and the parts that I have promised my first customer are looking like they wont get done.

The spindle was making a knocking/rattling sound. Sounded like a nut or something bouncing around inside the motor. Got really bad when RPM were over 1000. Knucklehead that I am, I disassembled the entire motor, cleaned it out (didn't find anything either) and put it back together. Now it wont even turn on. When I turn the spindle on, it spins really slowly for about five seconds, then it faults out. "spindle fault check drive?" something similar to that.

Can anybody help me out with this. Does anyone know where I could find a good serviceman to check out this machine? It seems like everytime I try to fix anything on my equipment myself, it turns into a three week game of trial and error. I really dont have time for that right now, and would prefer to hire someone that knows what they are doing.

Please help