586,115 active members*
3,458 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > PTC Pro/Manufacture > Changing the postprocessor

Changing the postprocessor

Hi All,

I am trying to change my postprocessor, basically I want to get rid of the "%" sign in the last line of the .tap file. How should I do that?

I am working with USBCNC. Besides some other problems in the beginning of the .tap file (tool length correction has to be switched off), I have things working.

Best regards,

Arjan

Arjan,

If you create your .tap file you have to choose which post processor you're going to use. At least if you have the same pro/E version as I have. In my case I always choose the first post processor which works very well but I'm working with mach 3 on the machine.
    I never use the tool length correction on the machine, you can programm this in pro/mfg which will simply correct the Z-axis for the new tool in the G-code.

Best regards,
    Bart

Dear Bart,

Thanks, I have tried all the postprocessors (that's quite a lot), and #12 is closest to the "dialect" I need. After running that I have to remove the last line with the "%" and some G codes in the beginning. You can change that by changing the postprocessor. That works fine, the only thing I cannot find is how to remove the last % in the .tap file, I do that now with notepad.

Regards,

Arjan

Quote Originally Posted by bartL View Post
    Arjan,

If you create your .tap file you have to choose which post processor you're going to use. At least if you have the same pro/E version as I have. In my case I always choose the first post processor which works very well but I'm working with mach 3 on the machine.
    I never use the tool length correction on the machine, you can programm this in pro/mfg which will simply correct the Z-axis for the new tool in the G-code.

Best regards,
    Bart

Arjan,

Sorry for my late reaction.
    I've checked the .tap files I created with Pro/Mfg and they all have the % symbol at the end of the operation but mach3 doesn't seem to have problems with it. Maybe I'll see our Pro/E supplier this week and I can ask him if he knows if it's possible to change it.But to be honest I don't think you can do much about it. I was told those post processors are developed by other companies and integrated in Pro/mfg.

Are you using it for your own hobby/work or are you working with it for a company. I see you're from The Netherlands too so maybe I know the company.
    Are you using more pro/engineer software? Like sheetmetal, welding, diagram etc.?

Best regards,
    Bart

Hej Arjan,

The postprocessors that come with ProE are all cusomizable, thats the whole point of them. They are basically there to provide a foundation for you to modify them to fit your own machine, rather than start from scratch.

So, to modify one of theese postprocessors you go to Applications menu, and choose "NC Post Processor". This will open up the Gpost Option File Generator. Double click or open the postprocessor you want to chane(nr 12 was it?)
    From here you can change basically anything, but pls take it step by step and do backup your pp before altering too much.

For your specific problem to remove the % sign at the end, you need to go to "Start/End of Program" and remove the checkbox on "Rewind START code at end of NC code". Save it and exit and then try to postprocess again, and the % sign should be gone

Hope it helps, let me know should you require additional info,

Jonas

Please help me to modify my post, please look at the NC sequence below:

I'm using Wildfire 3.0.

N1(NONE)>>>>How do I edit text in between() ?
    T0101
    G92S2000>>>>How do I change the G92 to G50 ?
    G96S400M3
    M8
    >>>How do I add a work offset Gxx to this line ?
    G0X5.638Z13.815
    G95>>>>>>>>How do I get rid of this line or G95 ?
    G1X4.521F.015
    X5.314Z13.964
    Z4.789
    G2X5.512R.219Z4.6058
    G0X9.512
    M9
    M5
    How do I add a "G28 U0" at the end of the sequence.

Thank you for your help.

post customization

Send me your post rest i will do for you.