586,076 active members*
3,954 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 2 12
    Whooohooooo, my System P-G mkII WAS delivered today, from Germany. Took only two days. plugged it into 240v and booted to the splash screen. Found a diagnostic page and holding load initiated a disk boot. Alas, no disks......yet. I'm optimistic though
    So while I wait I removed the power supply card and plugged into 120v. All the DC was still good. Fan is a 200v unit. It turns at 120v but will have to be replaced with correct voltage model. CRT had a switch to change between supply voltages. So once I removed the plate the kept it from moving I was golden. BUT I found that after reinstalling the Board the unit insisted on lighting the alarm light, I assume from low voltage! My guess is the rectifier, resistor and massive capacitor must be relocated to the solid outlines on the board from there current positions in the dotted outlines. Crap......Either way got my working P-G. :-)
    I got all the connection books, connections, fs3/6, and BMI. But, the writer -B002 still eludes me, but, there is a RAM board that I can put in the cartridge's place on the main board while I'm testing new ladders, correct?
    The spindle control template you developed would be useful I'm sure. Also, as I am green to this area of the 10M control, should I be trying to load the current fs3 ladder in and convert it to BMI or do I start from scratch? What are the steps to writing a new ladder? Defining addresses, writing the logic, alarm text? I'm just guessing at the process.
    Time for bed.....my work is building a new fab shop, it's huge, I was put in charge of water, electricity, and running the radiant heat tubing in the floor. 60 runs of 300'=18000'(3.4 miles) of tubing!!! We are heating more then a 5k of tubing for all you runners out there. My back is sore. Lol

Re: Fanuc System P Model G

you got the ram card too?!!! thats cool. you can upload pg-ram card directly, just be careful with that write switch... we built a 300hp spinner with a 11TTF back in 90, did a lot of modifying as the machine slowly evolved, musta accidentally lost the ramcard contents a half dozen times by leaving write enable on and powering off the control...takes a long time to load thru serial, then replace any edits again...after a few days, it became a habit to switch off at every edit, and download daily before going home you will need the 4001/2/3 chips for the ramcard too- we bought 4002 for everything but the TT needed 4003.

glad your pig arrived intact- the one i got (shipped from new york to ohio) in a thin cardboard box was busted all to hell when it arrived, luckily just plastic...was able to do the baking soda/thin CA superglue to rebuild all the cracked/broken areas with the brass inserts, looked absolutely unused (still does) once put back together- was really surprised the crt wasnt popped, as it was a box of loose stuff inside.
    i did read the 10 cassette into a hirom yesterday, hadnt noticed before that theres no editor for PMC-I... can save a backup i guess or burn a copy i guess(didnt try) but that kinda sucked... glad you got a pig if you need to do 10/11s!

radiant heat is nice- i kick myself every winter for not doing it in the newer garage...3.4 miles of tubing though- jeez, must be a heck of a boiler!

I haven't got the RAM card yet. Best prices have 4003 or no ROM's. A 4002 is what I need for my project. If I had somewhere to send blank EPROM's that would make my purchasing easier. But I do think that will be a great short term solution to designing a ladder before I find the elusive PMC writer.
    I have ladders and cartridges for AC kiwas with digital main boards. But they watchdog when I plug them into my analog board (-40/-41) with DC motors. I wonder what in the ladder could be causing it? If I find that, I will be way ahead.
    If you get a chance could you get the info off the fan in your MKII and maybe a snap shot of you PS board, so I can see if your component placement supports my theory between 120v and 240v versions?

Do you know what format FANUC used on the 3.5" disks? (RPM,sectors,etc)

Also, from my understanding the newest HIROM software converts PMC-I TO PMC-N for editing in DOS. It also keeps a copy of the original, which it needs to convert the edited PMC-N to a working PMC-I to burn to the cartridge.
    I found a demo which does not save anything, so I can't test it though......

some power supply pics of the one at home...the two units at work have newer style drives, assume this is older- has the big square eject button instead of the little 'normal' disk eject thing... anyways heres some supply pics- i dont think its selectable though, and fan is 115...

hey- *if* the supply is different, I *think* Tennessee Industrial night have what you need- I know many years ago Bobby had bought some just for the hard to find color CRTs, but dunno if they were stripping PG color, or PG MKII models...but bet they still have the parts

Quote Originally Posted by Namnp2007 View Post
    Hello all.
    Now I need all diskette of Fanuc System P( on 1.4M format). Do any one have it? If yes. please kindly quote us about it. Thanks.
    Yes I actually do have a system disk 3.5" 1.4M format for Fanuc system P model G mark II. I tried it out yesterday and it still boots up! I am not sure of the format as it doesn't seem to be standard DOS. May be able to make ISO type disk to disk copy. Need to first get 3.5" disk drive hooked up on my modern computer. Send me an email address and I will try to make you a copy if I can.

Quote Originally Posted by tylaska View Post
    Yes I actually do have a system disk 3.5" 1.4M format for Fanuc system P model G mark II. I tried it out yesterday and it still boots up! I am not sure of the format as it doesn't seem to be standard DOS. May be able to make ISO type disk to disk copy. Need to first get 3.5" disk drive hooked up on my modern computer. Send me an email address and I will try to make you a copy if I can.
    Dear tylaska.
    Thanks for your reply, my e-mail is: [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by Namnp2007 View Post
    Dear tylaska.
    Thanks for your reply, my e-mail is: [email protected]
    OK I will try to make you a copy of this old operating system disk. I will have to hook up an old 3.5" floppy reader that has a USB port to my computer. I know I have one somewhere just haven't had to use it for a long time! Next, I will make a sector to sector ISO type copy of this disk using some ISO software. I will then write it back to a new 3.5" floppy and make sure that the copy does indeed still boot up the old FAPT fanuc system P machine. Once I prove that the copy works, I will forward you the same ISO file with directions of how to copy it back to a floppy sector by sector. I am using some free shareware ISO software to do this and I will give you the details once I prove that it works!

Tim T.

Hi, Tim
    Do the 3.5" floppy disks for PG boot works? I need one to boot up my P-G, thanks a lot, can you send me one copy? my Email : [email protected]

best regards
    steve

Page 2 of 2 12