586,105 active members*
3,181 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Overwhelmed!

Overwhelmed!

Wow it is so easy to get side tracked here. I have seen lots of forums but none with quite so many topics. Anyway I have been wanting to etch my own PC Boards for years but I do not like the chemical process involved but I recently watched a video of a simple home made CNC that did isolation etching and I like that idea. I'm looking for some plans, my needs are very simple just small PCBs.
    Thanks for the help.

Hi Drools and welcome to the zone,

I cant link you to any suitable plans but if you have trouble finding any try going here http://www.cnczone.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=209 and searching that forum for a machine that suits your needs. Copy and adjust to your needs and I am sure the thread starter or others will give you all the help you need.

Just one other piece of advice; try to search for answers before asking as members are reluctant to answer questions that are asked frequently.

Have fun and good luck finding a suitable plan

John

Thank you John, I understand how forum users stop responding to commonly asked questions.
    I will keep looking around, I notice this platform Sable-2015 on a large online auction site and it looks quite nice. With a little extra electronics it might be just what I'm looking for.

Brent

Hi again,

I've seen the Sable and had a close look at it just recently and have to say it looks to be a good buy. The only negative I would say is the standard threaded rod for the lead screws but that could be changed out for Trapezoidal or ball screws.

What do you think of the price or are you thinking about building similar your self? Will you buy their electronics or look else where?

John

There is a thread on the Sable here.
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showth...le-2015&page=1
    I'm still reading and absorbing information. I have yet to decide, the Sable will be in excess of 800.00 by the time you add all the required bits and pieces and shipping.