586,121 active members*
3,060 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

RF-31 / Rutland 26660531

After seeing this mill set up in my garage I've come to the conclusion I cannot lead a complete existence unless it is converted to CNC. Anyone know where I might find plans for a conversion?

Jeff has some nice plans for the round column mills...

It is pretty comprehensive and from the looks of the videos on his website runs pretty well too. I think his site is called homecnctechnologies or something like that actually homecnc.info I think....... good luck....

Rutland 26660531 mill

Hi, I am trying to find someone that has converted the Rutland mill to CNC. Anyone have plans or pictures?

Thanks,
    Rich

I have a sheet of "stuff" in a dwg file that I compiled when I converted my RF31 several years ago. It has mounts for the various axis and the Z is driven off the original fine feed.
    One thing to aware of is you cannot blindly make the mounts and expect them to bolt in the original holes as EACH machine seems to be a bit different. As some have said, the machines are assembled by different people who drill and tap their own holes and must use a yard stick to measure by.

Having said that, your more than welcome to to plans, just PM me an e-mail address and I will send it your way. Also any questions, ask away and will try to give a decent answer if I can.
    Art
    AKA Country Bubba (Older Than Dirt)

Awesome! Anything, even for the ideas is great. Do you have any pictures? I will PM my email to you right now!

Rich

Hey can I get a copy of the RF31 stuff?
    I am in the process of gathering the parts I need to CNC a clone right now.

Thanks JC

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    I have a sheet of "stuff" in a dwg file that I compiled when I converted my RF31 several years ago. It has mounts for the various axis and the Z is driven off the original fine feed.
    One thing to aware of is you cannot blindly make the mounts and expect them to bolt in the original holes as EACH machine seems to be a bit different. As some have said, the machines are assembled by different people who drill and tap their own holes and must use a yard stick to measure by.

Having said that, your more than welcome to to plans, just PM me an e-mail address and I will send it your way. Also any questions, ask away and will try to give a decent answer if I can.

PM me your email!
    Art

From what I have seen, the Rutland is the same as the various RF31 clones!
    Art