586,094 active members*
4,014 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Brother TC-324 X-axis accuracy issues

Good Morning everyone,
    I am new to this blog/forum thing so please be patient with me. I just purchased a used Brother TC-324. I have been running it for about a month now with no problems. Now I have an accuracy problem in X axis. I have other machine tools and I am pretty knowledgeable on the the repair and troubleshooting of them. I think we all have to be in this market! Anyways, I am seeing a .0015" to .002" reapeatablility problem. If I put an indicator on the x-axis and program in a move the x-axis does not repeat. If I hit the reset button it will start to repeat. If I do a pallet change it will be off again and the if I hit reset it goes away. It does the same thing on both pallets. I'm starting to think this may be an encoder issue but this is a strange one. This is my first Brother machine. I have mostly Mori Seiki's. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EB Machine View Post
    Good Morning everyone,
    I am new to this blog/forum thing so please be patient with me. I just purchased a used Brother TC-324. I have been running it for about a month now with no problems. Now I have an accuracy problem in X axis. I have other machine tools and I am pretty knowledgeable on the the repair and troubleshooting of them. I think we all have to be in this market! Anyways, I am seeing a .0015" to .002" reapeatablility problem. If I put an indicator on the x-axis and program in a move the x-axis does not repeat. If I hit the reset button it will start to repeat. If I do a pallet change it will be off again and the if I hit reset it goes away. It does the same thing on both pallets. I'm starting to think this may be an encoder issue but this is a strange one. This is my first Brother machine. I have mostly Mori Seiki's. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    buen dia yo tambien tengo una brother TC 324 pero no la puedo poner a funcionar porque no tengo la informacion del cable que la conecta con la computadora podriamos ayudarnos por esta maquina tambien fue comprada con muchos errores y fue reparada y esta en exelente estado casi nueva si podriamos intercambiar informacion seria genial te adjunto mi correo espero tu respuesta [email protected]