586,075 active members*
4,114 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: V23 crashing

Cool V23 crashing

Can someone tell me why the moment I go to post that error report show's up and say's it needs to close

same problem but only on 2d profiling

create a simple wire frame tool path wich is basically a rectangle that deosnt goin at the ends, and it will veryfy the toolpath, but hit post and save and
    (blink bob cad is gone) . gone shuts off ... no worky...zero...

otherwise the only other path i have been using z level finish seems to work as long as i change the system tool size to what i want..
    manual tool and select a tool does not give the right path as far as cutter comp goes.

Have you tried a different post processor? Are you leaving any material for a finish cut? Is your finish tool there? Have you tried using the "no offset" to see if it will post that way?
    I had a problem like that at one time, it turned out to be the post processor, it had a G offset in the post and it should not have. I took that out, and it worked fine.
    Can you post a file that your having trouble with, maybe we can see if it does the same thing to us.

Dave

crashing problem

no i dont have a finish tool, i set it to zero and just use the ruffing tool.
    i only have one precision tool holder so i use #5 tool for everything under 1/4 shank.
    plus when ever you use a tool(1/4 with .030 rad) the toolpath mills down onit the parting line so i have to edit -delete the last parts of the program so it doesnt crash..
    and a ruff and finish together would be to much editing.

Sounds like your post needs to be setup for your needs.

If you tell what post your using with a sample of what your editing out for the begining or end of operations, someone here could help to get it setup to output what you want.

Burr

I think it's a post issue to:

I would go to milling tools> current settings.

Check the path for the post and where the nc files are going.

Make sure the post you have picked is in that folder, and check the nc path to your desktop.

Let me know if that helps.

I have the same issue with Bobcad crashing before posting anything!

I've been using V23 for a few weeks now, and have had 0 issues doing various things with it.

However, just today it's started crashing whenever I go to post even quite simple files. It was all working fine this morning, but now it won't post anything much...

I've attached a simple file that it won't post. I've tried it on 2 computers with the same issue. If anyone can figure out the problem, I'll be very grateful (as I'm a bit stuck for now)!

(to use the attached file, please change extension to .bbcd)

Thanks

Update: it only crashes on the attached file when over 7 items are being profiled. Up to 7 works fine, 8 or more it crashes. If I increase the step down on the profile, I can post more than 8. Strange.
    Attached Files Attached Files

So you are running MACH 3?

I did have a crash and lock up when I tried to post your file.

I was look at you setting and I see they are for metric is that right?

Hi, thanks for your help!

Yes, it's metric, and I'm using Mach 3. I've tried other post processors and I still have the same issue.

I'm using v23 mill pro build 1276.

Any thoughts on what the cause could be?

ok so do you have the software units step for metric? Or are you just typing in metric values?

Also for the post there is a variable to set metric for the code. But I would think you just downloaded the post off their website. So that should be setup right.

So yes it will work but something is wrong with your settings. Check the BobCAD program under preference setting part and default and make sure units is set to metric.

Also once you do this, Just re create the file. It's a simple part so it shouldn't take to long, and I think this will help.

Let me know

The software is all set up for metric, and I've been using it in metric for the last few weeks with much larger files using equidistant offset and plunge roughing etc, it's just when I'm doing profiling the issue turns up.

To replicate the issue, just do a grid of 9 circles, tell it to profile mill to the inside (or outside) of them, put 18-20 steps for it to mill down on all 9, compute the toolpath, then post and it'll crash (probably).

I've tried it setting the whole thing up on inches too, and it still crashes it, so I don't think being metric is the issue.

It seems that this issue is repeatable so far, so re-doing the part results in the exact same issue... I've upgraded graphics drivers & tried turning off hardware acceleration as BC support suggested, which had no effect.

The post processor came with bobcad, but I don't think this is the issue either, as whatever post processor I try I get the same result.

Thanks for your help Allen, let me know if you have any more ideas

Unhappy

You are doing a profile yet I don't see any contours . You know that grouping feature in BobCAD that tells the tool where to start and what direction to cut in.

Maybe it has something to do with that. Try turning all your profiles into contours and compute and post???

I just tried making them all into contours, but the same thing happens.

I've also got other files that use contours and they suffer from the same thing too. Oh well, I'll keep trying random things, but I'm in trouble if I can't sort it soon!

Cheers!

This isn't a geometry or a post issue. This is an issue with the Machine file. You will need to re-create it.

Open the folder C:\Program Files\BobCAD-CAM\BobCAD-CAM V23\Posts\Mill.

Delete the MillingMachineSetup.bin file.

Double click on the MillingMachineSetupTxtToBin.exe file.

This should re-create it and solve the problem. If it doesn't, then you will need to call support or email them. It is definitely a problem with the machine file, so it should be simple enough to resolve.

Regards

Thanks The One, I tried that and it seems to have sorted it - I'm very relieved!

However, I'm unsure as to why this happened and how it ocurred on 3 different computers that it was tried on?

Also wonder how you knew this was the issue and how Bobcad support did not?

Sorry for all the questions - it's great to have the problem fixed, but also good to learn from the issue!

Cheers

I am not sure how this all started for you, so I can't really tell you how it got to three computers, other than maybe it was the file itself corrupting the Machine file or the drawing file corrupted the machine some how.

I have to know these things. I support support, when needed. When you have been working with the system as long as I have, the symptoms are always a tell tale sign of the problem. It is a matter of knowing when and how the system performs its actions.

Regards