586,362 active members*
3,445 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > HURCO > Newer computers missing something...

Newer computers missing something...

I had an older computer and it had the floppy disk slot. I got a new computer and noticed it didn't have that floppy disk slot. And the older one had the printer's port which is about an inch and a half which I can plug the key for the software onto but the newer one doesn't and has all those small USB ports. Now the key to run the software WinMax doesn't seems to work right with the adapter. I got the little floppy box that u can plug into but again guy at the store says they don't make those kind of adapter for it too. I didn't toss out the old computer but want to see what else I can do to make the WinMax work with this newer computer.....any ideas?
    Hurco machines take those floppy disk so that's why I need to change around.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluegillman View Post
    Hurco machines take those floppy disk so that's why I need to change around.
    They still make Floppy drives

http://shop1.frys.com/{fAZO3x+Jy8Ot+8-xfAmR3A**.node3}/product/2367929

You should get a parallel card (the printer port you mention is called a parallel port). One like this should do nicely. Your shop salesman is completely wrong about not being able to get adapters. You can get them like this one, however I would recommend the parallel card instead as those adapters can be hit-or-miss.

Alternatively, contact hurco for recommendations. This isn't a new problem. They might be able to supply you an updated dongle.

Gregor

Hurco uses a USB dongle now but good luck getting it without buying the software again. Not sure if they offer upgrades to Winmax-PC.

Buddy