586,655 active members*
3,432 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

GANESH Machine anyone?

Has any body ever heard of or run a Ganesh cnc vmc. i was looking into purchasing one and was wondering if ayone knows anything about them. any info would help thanks.

Haven't seen any in person, but I have been researching them for a few months now. They look heavy duty, specs are great. We just need some hands on reviews of them.

I'll second that. We're looking at their 5x-400 machine for our prototype shop. Fanuc control seems safe and familiar, but I'm not sure about the base machine, service, support, etc.

Has anyone actually used one of these machines? Love to hear feedback...

We've been called in to a few shops with them to help train and optimize. The bones of the machine are OK, usually they have really odd quirks like CRC needs setting or Man/Abs or keep relays need setting - just weird stuff. Also pay close attention to casting radii, some may be to tight and may or may not be possible fracture points (watch for cracks). On the turning side, just as weird, tooling blocks will be above center (gts) or turret alignment needs checking (tcs). Two identical machines, one serial # apart but will have totally different issues. Cost vs Value yes, you bet I would buy one but knowing to look for possible issues and calling in a third party to assess and tune. From what I've seen they are hit and miss but the miss is close enough that I wouldn't be scared off.