586,313 active members*
5,089 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > OM Hanging up on tool change after power up

Unhappy OM Hanging up on tool change after power up

After I power up machine and reference axis's, I call for a tool change. The spindle doesn't orient, but the carousel move to the right tool, drops that tool down, and stops. I get a timeout signal with an code above it #2099. I am not sure if operator has to program in the tool pocket and tool number after power up. I have no manual for the code or work instructions.

Some OEM's make the tool change in a different way than others, I suggest you try various ways to program the tool change IE:

T5 M6;

or:

T5;
    M6;

Other thing is that the machine has a macro and the macro is lost. What brand of machine do you have???

Greg.

It might help if you told us what machine this was.

need the machine model and control type. I don't think that it is the code sequence of the tool change program M6T1 or T1M6 because he stated it only happens at first power up. This would lead me to believe that the tool change program code is working properly other wise it would happen at every tool change not just at power up. The tool change could also run through the ladder and not a macro.

We use to have a similar problem when we went from metric to english. When we switched from mm to inch the machine would go to home position. If we tried doing a tool call from that point it would hang up and alarm out. We had to move the machine off home position then program the tool change. Once that was done we never had a problem doing tool changes until we went back to either mm or inch.

On first power up of the machine if you have to reference the machine do so. Then move the machine off home position before programming the tool change. I know it's probably not your problem but without knowing your machine or control it's all I got.

Stevo

Edit: I just noticed it's a OM control my apologize.

I agree that listing the OEM would help evaluate this problem better. You stated that you get an alarm #2099(most likely an OEM alarm number). It would have been nice to give the description of the alarm as seen on the screen.

Possibilities are two depending on how the ladder sequence is written, one, the pot down switch did not make, two, the spindle orientation was not satisfied.

Please provide more information and we may be able to help you more.

Regards,

RRL