586,106 active members*
3,031 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

M-32B help needed please.

I have another sob story I need somebodies help with. Several months ago a drunk driver slammed into a portion of our building which just so happened to be where my M-32 was. The damage done to the machine kept me from powering it up which means the battery died and everything was lost. My back up disks are corrupted. My micro disk works just fine because I was able to reload the parameters. I do all the programming here on Cinn. mills, lathes and several other Mazak lathes. We run one job on the M32 and it's gone. It's a drill and tap job of 4 holes on a rotary indexer that is independent using an M code.

I remember most of the controls. I know that's scary but I was never trained on the mill and the job was already set up when I took over the department.

What I need to know to get me going is what do I have to change to make the spindle go to where the tool setter is? Right now, it moves to the center of the pallet. For operator purposes, I need it back to the way it was for simple tool replacement. I know this is probably a very simple question but one that I can not find in the manuals.

Tool setter parameters

I am at home now I can look it up to be sure tomorrow. But in the electrical diagram book not the parameter book is a list of PLC parameters. I believe that parameter R2332 is the the height off the table where the tool setter lower swith is. (its in millimeters) The parameter for the X and Y position should be right around that parameter number. (that is probably in mm from XY home)

What type of Mazak mill is it with the M32?
    R2394= tool measuring start point for Z
    R2396= tool measuring start point for Y
    R2398= tool measuring start point for X
    These are described in the rear addendum of a H-800 Maintenance Manual. Don't know if a Vertical is the same. Some others also of interest may be:
    R2390- TMU table distance between decel and stop sensors.
    R2392- TMU table skip sensor