Ok, might have to change my username from 2bits to 4bits as I now have a 30 and 45 degree engraving bit. Now apparently I am missing everything and anything about how to do this. Any documentation or tutorial about actual engraving, I can't find except for some cnc files in the CAM Example directory, but that doesn't do me alot of good. Unless! as I said I have no clue. I can create cad drawings, contours and toolpaths and cut parts. But I have yet to figure this engraving thing out.

So can someone lead me by the hand as to how in h do I put text on the drawing and get it into the CAM/Milling section so I can engrave it with one of my 2 engraving bits. This is the one task that confuses the heck out of me. There's a engraving icon in the CAD program and there's an additional 2 different 'Engraving' places in the CAM program. But any of them want me to enter text and ignore what I have in the drawing.

If I have a drawing, say a plaque or nameplate, I should be able to enter the text where I want, what I want and in the milling program select the bit I want to use to engrave it. Or am I dreaming...

Would be very much appreciated if someone could explain the steps to do this. Using PM Pro

Thanks!