586,717 active members*
3,163 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Error message CR1 etc.

Hello,

We have an TC-22 here that is displaying a new error. (to us anyway)

"CR1 Not Enabled" We see that CR1 is a Relay. Do any of you folks know how we can trace this out or resolve this error?

Thanks in advance!

Jon

The command for CR1 to pull in comes through the BMDC board but the voltage for the BMDC to do this comes through the two overloads in the top left of the electrical cabinet. Use a meter to verify voltage coming through these devices. The circuit is in the maintenance manual.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

We must have a different panel lay out because there is only the gold control box in the top left area of the cabinet.

We'll look into it further.

Thanks for the relpy!

Jon

More info is now available on the CR1 not enabled alarm.

The Y axis had bound up due to chips building up around the lead screw area. This has been cleaned up and you can now (with considerable effort) push the table back.

Our "Y" axis Yaskawa drive has a red alarm led iluminated. I would assume that this servo had over heated or tripped.

Does anyone know what we should be looking for to resolve this error now?

Thanks,
    Jon

Do you have a TC 1, 2, 3, or 4?
    Those have a CIB (control in a box) in a gold colored box.
    And not a TC-22?
    The TC 1,2,3,4 machines have Yaskawa drives with a small green and red LED visible in a cut out in the front of the drive. The TC-22 does not have Yaskawa axis drives.
    The fault is there because either the drive itself has a fault or the motor/cable has a fault.
    Repair the fault and it will do away. Swap the X and Y drives. If the fault stays with the drive, the drive is bad, if it stays with the Y axis, I would swap the motor out.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

The machine is a TC2, not a TC 22.

We will try the drive swap out.

Quote Originally Posted by machintek View Post

The fault is there because either the drive itself has a fault or the motor/cable has a fault.
    Repair the fault and it will do away. Swap the X and Y drives. If the fault stays with the drive, the drive is bad, if it stays with the Y axis, I would swap the motor out.

George
    We have completed the swap of the x and y drives. The alarm stayed on the original Y drive.

What are some recomended sources to obtain a replacement. As I understand it the drives have parameters that need to be reinstalled too?

Thanks,
    Jon

CR1 error returns

Hi,

We have the CR1 error again on our TC2. There is an red LED alarm light on the "Y" axis drive. (same as before)
    We had changed the "Y" drive when the happened last time and the fault went away.

This new error happened a couple of months ago. We let the machine sit and have not even looked at it. What's odd this time is that we went to try and boot the machine. It booted, homed, etc. Then the CR1 alarm came up after a couple of minutes sitting there.

If the "Y" drive was bad again would it even be able to make the "Home" move?

Jon

Check all connections. This is a AC motor so there are no brushes. The Y axis cable does not move so I do not believe the cable is at fault.

George