586,266 active members*
3,798 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking > MetalWork Discussion > Help with Flood Coolant / when to change? & possible health issue?

Help with Flood Coolant / when to change? & possible health issue?

I am using Coolmist water based flood coolant, about 10 gallons. Mixed about twice as think as need, have not noticed residue so I kept it fairly thick.

I have an air bubbler that goes on a few hours a day and a SkimpySkimmer belt that goes on a couple hours a day and does a good job of taking out most of the oil, usually the flood coolant is almost clear/hazy.

Woke up today with a pretty nasty chest pain, I am wondering if it is linked to breathing the coolant. The coolant is about June vintage? I do not use the mill all that much once or twice a month. How long can/should coolant last? Have I gone over the reasonable time?

I am not using any stablizer, biocide, or ph balance right now...

Thanks rich.

Rich,

Since you are using a water base coolant (synthetic) the tank/shelf life is much longer than a semi-synthetic or soluble oil. Your are doing all the things right to maintain your coolant life so that is a big plus.

We suggest to our customers to drop the tank, clean it, and recharge it with fresh coolant every 6-8 months. In your case, I would have to suggest the same.

About your chest pain, everyone reacts differently when it comes to being in contact with coolant. Your chest pain could be a result in breathing too much vapor.

Hope this helps bud.

-Coolantman

Jonathan Ballard
    EnviroServe Chemicals, Inc.
    www.EnviroServeChemicals.com
    (910) 892-1791

thanks
    Do you sell flood coolant? i need to be able to maintain the ph better as well. I will call you if so.
    Rich

I am a sales representative for a chemicals manufacturing company specializing in coolants. Please feel free to give me a call anytime. I will be glad to help any way I can.

-Coolantman

Jonathan Ballard
    EnviroServe Chemicals, Inc.
    (910) 892-1791 x25 office
    (910) 818-7412 cell

www.enviroservechemicals.com

Re: Help with Flood Coolant / when to change? & possible health issue?

When it comes to flood coolant, understanding when to change it is crucial for both machine performance and operator health. Regular monitoring of coolant quality ensures optimal machining conditions while minimizing health risks associated with contaminated fluids. For comprehensive guidance on maintaining a safe working environment and maximizing efficiency, visit https://www.innovayogameditation.com/.