586,308 active members*
3,569 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Seig X2

Seig X2

Good afternoon. I'm new here, and new to CNC mini mills, but not new to CNC machining. That being said, I'm not an electrical engineer by a long stretch. I'm in need of some direction and I'm hoping someone out there can help. I have a Seig X2 mini mill that I'm converting to CNC. I bought the steppers, driver boards, and breakout board from Probotix. I have Mach 3 for software, and a jog pendant and board coming from CNC4PC. My questions are these: Can the spindle motor on Seig 2 be controlled by the software (I understand the software is capable, is the spindle)? if so, how does one go about that. I'm aware of the board that CNC4PC has for driving the spindle, but I don't get how the PC interacts with the board. Also, once I put limit switches on the Probotix breakout board, there appears to be no room for expansion. Can you chain breakout boards together to allow room for expansion? If anyone can shed some light on any of this it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for you time, and have a good day

This is the Taig mill/lathe forum so you might get more relevant advice if you posted in the "Benchtop Machines" forum.

Mike