586,103 active members*
3,703 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Digital Height control

The sensor seems not be be reading, it keeps hitting the metal and saying it cannot detect material.

Any good fixes for this?

hey i think i might be having the same problem that you are having, with a slight diff
    i am cutting with a hyp 600 on a plasma cam table we bought used 6 months ago
    i have never been able to get the cutting height set right using the digital height control
    i have sent my controller in and had some Z axis parts replaced, that allowed me to control the height manually
    i have also replaced the torch control cord
    i gues my real problem is when i turn on the option(wait for cutting signal)under machine comands, the torch will pierce the material then the program will alarm out before the gantry moves and say(torch cutting not detected)...
    my question is, if the torch cutting is not detected by the machine, then how will it control the digital height control? my understanding is the machine controls height by arc voltage...right? im not sure, somebody correct me please. been fighting this concept for 3 months

I'm going to play with it tomarrow, after work for a few hours. Your problem is close to mine, ill have to get it, i need to figure out how the sensor works.

what brand and size is your torch

hey i think i might have some answers for yah. i was working with my machine tonite and learned some new things. go check out the forum @ plasmacuttingonline.com. dont know why the people at plasma cam didnt tell me about it first. they seem to not have the time of day to deal with me even though i just spent 600 getting my controler and torch cable replaced. anyways they got some good info there, and george, the guy at plasma cam is on there givin sound advice. i am still not able to get a cuting signal myself. but if your machine is able to run with the ( wait for cutting signal before moving option checked) "under machine control" ill bet that forum will help. let me know im interseted in hearing how u like your machine

Material contact sensing

Please contact me directly at Plasmacam so I can help you set the material sensing. It would help to know what plasma cutter you have and what consumables you are using.

[email protected]

Regards,
    George

I am having the same problem just bought the machine and I can't get a voltage reading to show up on the diagnostics page. I think if the machine doesn't detect a voltage the height control will not work? Hopefully you have had enough time to figure this out and can help me.

Thanks Shooter44