586,075 active members*
4,014 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 3 123

Dyna still in business?

I have a Dyna CNC machine and am having serious problems with it. I have not been able to get them on the phone, through email, etc. Anybody know if they are still in business?

DYNA CNC

I ALSO HAVE BEEN HAVING TROUBLE REACHING THEM I HAVE RECENTLY SPENT 5000.00 TO UPGRADE OUR MACHINE WITH THEM AND HAVE GOTTEN NO RESPONCE IF ANYONE KNOWS HOW TO GET A HOLD OF THEM I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT

I was told by somebody claiming to be their tech support that they are out of business. Even their answering machine message is different and odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Noaita View Post
    I was told by somebody claiming to be their tech support that they are out of business. Even their answering machine message is different and odd.

Hi
    Noaita,
    Would you mind telling me how you got through to thier tech support?
    I have been unable to get anyone to return a call. On Monday I was able to reach a human on thier local phone# but yesterday no one would answer the phones. It looks like recent buyers are SOL with tech support and thier 5 year Gold Star warrantee. Boy I sure would like to see Dyna step up to the plate with aleast some limited term phone tech support, so some of us that are hung up can get up and running.

Thanks
    Mike

D'ont panic!
    I was just on the phone with them in Michigan and they assure me that they are in fact still in opperation Phew!!
    1-248-488-0440
    Best of luck

Quote Originally Posted by Nastyzen View Post
    D'ont panic!
    I was just on the phone with them in Michigan and they assure me that they are in fact still in opperation Phew!!
    1-248-488-0440
    Best of luck
    I just called that number and it was Dyna Patch Systems (or something like that) they didn't seem to know Dynacnc.
    I also tried both numbers in WA and the phone just say "goodby" Strange!!!

Mike

Sorry Mike, I thought they were the same people.
    My control is a dynapath delta 50 on a commet mill.
    Keep in mind anybody and everybody is going out of business these days.

i spoke with the owner of dyna cnc and he assured me that they will not be going out of buisness and that they were re-structuring currently also that all current orders will be completed there will be a new tech number as soon as he has the re-structuring is done. from meeting him in person i do beleve that this is the case so patience will have to preval

Quote Originally Posted by chwguitars View Post
    i spoke with the owner of dyna cnc and he assured me that they will not be going out of buisness and that they were re-structuring currently also that all current orders will be completed there will be a new tech number as soon as he has the re-structuring is done. from meeting him in person i do beleve that this is the case so patience will have to preval

I certainly hope that is the case.
    Thanks for the update

Mike

Good to know. Thanks, Mike.

upgrade recieved

well we recieved our upgrade from dyna cnc and everything was perfect i had a couple of problems and e-mailed dave cress and he promply called me and talked me thru all of the motor tuning and also setup my to cut at an incredable speed. i spoke with him for a while and he said they were down sizing and getting everything in order to come back as strong as ever. I personally am very satisfied with him and i can understand restructuring of a company i can only wish them the best of luck.

that is very interesting. Unfortunately I do not know the particulars of your transaction but he and his company have always been very helpful to us. Our machine has been running great for over 3 years now. They even sent me a part that we broke a couple of years ago for free and we were way out of their warranty period. I wish you the best and hope everything works out.

Dave always seemed cool when speaking with him. I only hope that he still honors all of the promises he made over the last year and a half. After installing higher torque steppers and rebuilding my machine, it STILL does not work properly.

How recently did you speak to Dave, Mike?

Web link? I found nothing

I dont know if they make the dyna6000 controller, but ditco of kent washington made the dyna4000 controller for dyna. Ive spoken with ditco before and they were pretty nice.

I have a dyna4000 that had problems (auto torch height portion not working) and ended up putting in Tom Caudles CandCnc hardware and had it running 3 days after cutting out the dyna4000. ( actually about 3 hrs of work, but I was doing other things to the table also that took up some time.)

I know its heartburn not to get what you paid for, but you might want to talk to tom or some other company and see what it would take to get your machines going.

Thank you for your input lowpull. I have spoken with Tom Caudle and two other companies that have the ability to retrofit the machine with a new controller or repair the existing 6000 but the cost is about the same, $3500. I already blew my wad to get this one and get it configured for my needs, $5000 regenerative blower, $3200 in wiring, plumbing, spoilboard, replaced the warped PE base they supplied me, etc. Now with over $30,000 invested in it I don't have the capital to invest more money in it. More importantly I refuse to waste another minute of my life on this worthless machine. I spent six hours a day for the first six weeks on the phone with the tech support trying to diagnose the problems over the phone. My list of complaints goes on but I have work to do.

P.S. I get all of my parts cut by my neighbor here at our business park on his Chinese CNC router that works flawlessly.

Does anyone know if the dyna6000 used the same pinouts and connectors as the 4000?

Quote Originally Posted by lowpull View Post
    Does anyone know if the dyna6000 used the same pinouts and connectors as the 4000?

I was told by the tech guy(in 2008) at DCNC that the 4000 and 6000 were "supposed" to have the same ports and pinouts. The Xml files "should" be the same. I'm try to find someone really happy with the THC and get a copy of the Plasma XML . Mine responds what I think is extremely slow.

Mike

So Dyna cnc machines are not so great?

Hi, I'm a newbie. I'm excited about buying my first cnc. I spoke with Dyna over a year ago and was impressed with the dvd they sent and got the feeling they were a straight-up company. I now have an opportunity to get a Dyna machine at a very attractive price and am scared to death by the negative posts. Should I run?

Evaluate it like any other used product. Does it run ok?

The table and components are industry standard parts, so they can be replaced.
    If the controller fails, you can replace that with your own that you have made up. Or go to Tom Caudle and see what it takes for one of his systems. For a stepper system probably about 2 grand.

I put my own controller together for my Dyna table with some of Toms components when I couldnt get the dyna4000 controller to work right.

You can pm me if you have detailed questions.

Page 1 of 3 123