586,036 active members*
3,571 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > DXF file crashes program

DXF file crashes program

I've been trying to import this file both as iges and dfx but BobCad won't run it and the program crashes version 19.6. I can't pocket or pick drill sequences. Any help?
    Attached Files Attached Files

It's likely a garbage file. It has barely anything in it. What program are you using to create the file from?
    First you get good, then you get fast. Then grouchiness sets in.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

I opened it, and there was nothing there.

Bubba

Sorry, I don't know why it didn't load, I'll try again.

Paul,
    Loaded just fine and didn't crash in acad or in my cam (SheetCam), but it sure is made up of very tiny segments. Even the holes are done that way. I have played with it a little to use circles for the holes, and then made a couple of circles connected with lines at the quadrants and trimmed them out for the port holes and tried opening that and it works fine! I think the problem is that you have to small of segments for the program to be able to read it.

Bubba

PS: I also just noticed this might be something that was traced and there are several "jagged" lines on the exterior profile. I have to go to work now, but if you would like, I will clean the drawing up as I understand it and send it back if you would like? (obviously, I would check it out in my cam first :cheers:

Your file

I downloaded the dxf file and opened it in V19.8 without problem. I take it that this file was originally a solid. With some simple editing I was then able to create profile and pocket toolpath for the part after verifying the X, Y and Z extents. If you have the IGES model, just open that and create toolpath. However, either way BobCAD did not have a problem with it. We did include some enhancements to the software since V19.6. Update your software.
    CNC Dude

Paul,
    Well, I did as stated and found several open points etc. I have overlayed the major points and then ran it through my cam. It works. I have placed the salient shapes on seperate layers and left your original layer for comparison.

Bubba

Guys, Thanks so much for the help. I've been through all the tutorial CDs but still need help. I appreciate it.
    Paul