586,103 active members*
3,373 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > DynaPath Delta 20

DynaPath Delta 20

I use BobCAD with my protoTRAK 2 axis control and it works very well. My question is this. I am looking at maybe buying a DynaPath Delta 20 3 axis and I would like to post some text to the DynaPath to test it out. I do alot of decorative cutting on the protoTRAK, and would like to do the same with the DynaPath control. Is there anybody using BobCAD to post to a DynaPath 20? If so, what post are you using? I have downloaded all of the posts on the site, and I was going to start with the Delta 10 posts and go from there. But, if anybody has any insight as to which works the best I would appreciate it. Since I do not yet own the mill, I would like to narrow it down to the right post if I can. I don't want to waste alot of time fumbling around if I can help it. I am going to try and look at the mill again this weekend so if somebody is successfully posting to the Delta 20 control, please get in touch with me! Thanks!

If you are using V22 then here are some DynaPath Delta 20 posts to play with.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sorry, forgot to mention I am using V21. Anything for the Delta 20 using V21?

Quote Originally Posted by TowerCNC View Post
    Sorry, forgot to mention I am using V21. Anything for the Delta 20 using V21?
    Sorry, no, only Posts available are on the BobCAD Website under support and Post Processors.

I have checed my old V21 Post Processor Library CD that came with V21 but nothing for the "20" on it either.

Looks like you will have to ask BobCAD for to make you one up but you will need sample codes for that.

You`re right to ask on the Forum, maybe a request on the BobCAD Forum might find somebody with the Post you need??

http://s229444871.onlinehome.us/bobc...orum/index.php

If you can post some sample code for the machine.

Header:

Tool call:

Line movements:

Circular movements:

Footer:

I could write a post for you on the V21.

90% of most post can be written in 5 -15 mins. What takes the most time is getting all the canned cycles to work.

Because you will be doing 2D or profiles and pockets of it shouldn't be hard to edit a post to work.

Now the delta 20's from what I understand can be a little tricky. But hell let's see what cha got.

BTW does your machine take straight g-code or is it conversational?

Just like the prototrack you have, it works conversational, but will also take g-code...

I have what seems to be a very complete manual, so let me see what I can come up with. Very busy right now so it might be a few days before I can make anymore progress on this. I will look as soon as I get time and post what you are requesting if I can make heads or tails of it all! Thanks.