586,065 active members*
4,842 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > Axis feed rate drops to zero then back to normal

Axis feed rate drops to zero then back to normal

Please help guys...

The axis feed rate drops to zero then back to normal. This happens on all axis's. Just started doing it.

Thanks in advance for your help

We need more details to diagnose the issue. under what circumstances does this happen. What is the machine doing at the time?

Neal

it happens randomly...I could be in the middle of a drill plunge and my feed rate will go from 14 ipm to 0 ipm and the machine will say "Feed-Rate Stop" and the blue cycle stop light will flash.

Then in the middle of milling a slot in the x-axis, I have my feed-rate set to 20 ipm it will do the same. Sometime I turn the feed-rate knob to 150% to get it to move again and the feed will show up about half of what's programmed.

Thanks for your input,

Unhappy At first I thought...

..."the feed rate Pot was bad" but if the your getting Feed-Rate Stop and the blue cycle stop light flashing thats more like a Feed Hold problem or ??? I'll be interested to hear the resolution of this one. One question. Has this happened with different programs used in the machine or just one?
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by scadvice View Post
    ..."the feed rate Pot was bad" but if the your getting Feed-Rate Stop and the blue cycle stop light flashing thats more like a Feed Hold problem or ??? I'll be interested to hear the resolution of this one. One question. Has this happened with different programs used in the machine or just one?
    Steve

It doesn't matter what program. I got the machine 4-1/2 years ago and when I turned the feed down to zero it always kept feeding and when I ran it up to 150% it wasn't quite there either.

The local Fadal dealer wasn't much help...they sold the machine got paid and that's that. I gave up on them and have learned to maintain the machine for the most part. Just a lot things I'm still learning about.

What about the clocks board? I was testing the feed rate knob calibration per the maintenance manaul method.

When I'm in MDI mode with M49 (Feed Rate Pot Disabled) test...it traverses the same rate both ways

When I enter M48 (Feed Rate Pot Enabled)...It's no where near close at 100%

I played with the R19 pot on the clock board and only got some gain back... maybe the pot went bad???

Just some ideas I played with today. I don't know if this is the dead ringer but let me know your thoughts.

Thanks

Anybody have any ideas???

I'm still puzzled...

FIX THE MACHINE !!!

It was the clock card.

I checked the feed rate pot it was ok. The keyboard interface card and finally replaced the clock card with immediate success...dialed everything in and I'm back in business...yea!!!

BIG THANKS has to go to Keith and Mike at KMAC - PARTS for their tech help and patience with me with the 1000 questions. Great guys, Great Service and had the parts I needed.

Now that makes...

...sense. It's funny how easy it is after the fact!
    Thank's for keep us informed. Another one for my personal repair archives:wave:
    Steve