586,062 active members*
4,532 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Transfering Programs to Fanuc 11M via RS 232

Transfering Programs to Fanuc 11M via RS 232

I am having some trouble transfering programs to my Fanuc 11M control. I was able to hook up my pc to the control via rs 232 and download all the programs in the controls memory. The problem comes when i try to upload program files into the control. It seems when i transfer the files using hyperterminal the files dont transfer completely. I tried playing with the percentage signs in the beginning of the file but i could understand how they work. Can somebody help me understand the procedure of transfering programs from the pc to the control using hyperterminal?

Do you get an alarm on the Fanuc when you try to send it a program? If you do, what's the alarm number?

Hyperterminal and Fanuc RS-232

Carlos,
    Hyperterminal is a little quirky for use in RS232 to CNC, but since it is on nearly every Windows computer, we put up with it. Since it wasn't made for CNC's, it doesn't, by default, send line feed characters from a text file. CNC's need line feed characters at the end of each line to load properly. There is a setting in "ASCII setup" that forces line feeds at the end of every line. Check that box and try again.

Good Luck,
    Warren
    www.uptimecorp.com

I dont get any alarms. The times the program is sent it is not sent completely. I was told by somebody else that it could be the machine does not have enough memory but i am sure that is not the case because i deleted a larger program to send my test program.
    WGOyer, I did go into the ASCII setup and i am going to try it today.
    Thanks for the help.

I can send you a copy of Terminal, this was the one shipped with Win3.1 and it is far better than Hyperterminal for CNC RS232 use.
    It runs under later windows.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Fanuc 11m rs232

Those percentage signs are the first thing the controller looks for. If you have an empty line before the % you will error out.

I face with similar problem. But problem appears when I try to upload program from Fanuc 10 into DNC. I'm getting part of program and each time different part (more or less).
    Can anybody help?

Why don't you try with CIMCO software, I think its probably best software for RS232 working with cnc machines, and I understand that you are trying to send the program into the controllers memory, Why? I'm using the remote options of the controller. It works very good.