586,103 active members*
3,224 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Mazak, Mitsubishi, Mazatrol > Help. Mazak Integrex. Setting tools on tool eye for sub spindle direction

Unhappy Help. Mazak Integrex. Setting tools on tool eye for sub spindle direction

I need Help setting my tool on the subspindle... The tool eye is on the primary and I need to set them for cutting on the subspindle but cannot turn tool in the directions needed to set them for cutting on the subspindle.... Is there a formula or anything that would help would be greatly appreciated.

Smile

Set the tool like a normal front spindle tool first. Then you can use the autoset mode to put the sub-spindle tool offsets in, T01A GNL-OUT T01B GNL-OUT Like I tell my guys rtfm

Come on give him a beak. When I got my Integrex I flew to Housten for the programing class, they never taught us how to set the tools for a Matrix control, because they didn't have a Matrix simulator and they "assumed" the apps guy would show us how. the apps guy didnt know how to do it either.

It's amazing how tough it is to figure it out form reading the manual. I figured it out once I realized I needed to flip the orientation to define an autoset tool. Even with a neutral tool.

Back to the original question.

You need to define the tool on the main spindle. Let's say it's a general out turning tool. Define it as such in the tool library. Now scroll to that tool and select edit, then add and hit enter. Define the tool again as a general out with a different nominal AND make sure you flip the oreintation of the tool 180 degrees from the way it was origianlly defined. If you want the picture for the spindel rotation to jive with your machine, flip the head select switch to head 2 (fro the subspindle) and cursor up and back down to the window and the picture will flip to the correct view.

Now hit the list input key. The original tool should be noted with the blue highlight. Cursor to the tool you just defined and hit the autoset key. You see the display fill out with the same A length and the inverse of the B length.

You're good to go.

If your machine parameters arent' set up proeprly the center of rotation for the B axis may be off a wee bit, so you'll need to watch your tool comps to bring your parts on size or set them properly.

Good Luck,

Stu